Just found out today, and not sure how to feel

Selaphyna

Mom of 2 boys TTC#3
Reaction score
I have a son already. He's 11 years old, and even though when I was pregnant with him, I knew he was a boy even before the u/s to find out. I still hoped for a girl before I found out, but still happy to have a boy. He's a wonderful child.

Well, my OH and I found out we were expecting back in March. This is his first child. He told me he wanted a girl, because I already had Momma's boy, and he wanted Daddy's Little Girl. I understand this. I also wanted a girl because I already had a boy. Well going along we said at first we werent' going to find out the gender. My mom was adamant that we were having a girl, I had others saying we were going to have a boy.

I've also found out since I found out I was pregnant that alot of close friends and people I went to school with expecting as well sometime this year. Most of them are all having girls or just recently had a girl.

I kept thinking I don't want to find out, when baby gets here, we have no choice but to deal with the fact that baby might be a boy rather than a girl as we had hoped.

Even last week when OH asked me what I wanted to do, I said there was no real need to find out as we weren't decorating a nursery or doing any type of theme. So no reason to find out.

Today was our u/s. Before we went, OH said he thought we should just find out. I said okay, so while we were there the tech asked us if we wanted to find out, I told her yes. She tells us "looks like a boy". Didn't really confirm it, and I briefly saw it before she moved onto checking something else out.

I almost cried while there, because I was so set on having a girl. I had already bought things but most of it is either gender neutral or blue toned.

Part me is glad we found out, because now I can deal with it, and move on. But I'm still sad as I know we don't plan on having any more. Financially we would not be able to have any more.

Hi I'm sorry you didn't hear girl, it's hard but it will get easier I'm sure, I'm facing the same thing will find out gender next week and I'm scared to hear boy again!
You will worship your baby no matter what, but I know and understand your pain :hugs:

We were planning on staying team yellow also, but I found out accidentally today that we're having a boy. I know it's odd, because I already have one of each, but I was so convinced it was a girl, that I just feel really sad now. But like you, I'm glad I didn't wait until the birth to find out, because I would have had 3-4 more months of bonding with a little girl that didn't exist. This way we both can come to terms with it before our boys gets here. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->