Just got a phone call saying we are being taken to court!

hypnorm

Reaction score
Hubby just took at phone call (well 4.45pm actually) from a advertising company saying they are taking us to court tomorrow as we have not paid the bills sent.

In 2005 we took out an advertisment package with a company called leisure medical, for 2 yrs ads on the doctors appointment cards. we were to pay in three amounts over i think it was 18 months. we paid the first amount when we signed the contracts, and to be honest completely forgot about the advertising any way as it proved to be a complete waste of time.
We have heard nothing from them, its all in my hubbys business name.
Hubby explained to the girl that if we had had any bills or final demands we would have paid, and could she send us copies of the bills sent, she said no, so tom explain that he cant pay them unless he has the invoices. but the girl said tough! so he asked to speak to the manager, but she had 'gone' home. so we dont know what to do now,

We have had no letters, demands, or court orders so we are not sure what its happening!! i'm worried that some one will turn up tomorrow and take us off to court - but i though the would have been a phone call or demands or a debt collector...
We tried to explain we havent had any bills but the girls was saying sorry not my problem!!

They would have to prove you were invoiced I think :wink:

Wait for your court letter - Were they trying to get you to pay the outstanding then & there - If they were RUBBISH say take me! I would!

how the hell do they expect you pay a bill if u do not get invoiced??

shit sorry hun,

cant offer any advice or anything but didnt want to just leave it,

really hope it works itself out for you.

:hugs:

xx

Don't pay them a penny until you've seen the invoices hun. They can't take you to court unless they've sent you final demands. And if they do take you to court, they'll have to provide all the evidence then, and if you pay them straight away, you'll not get into any trouble. I've been there, so I know. Try not to worry - you may not hear from them again!

Thanks girls, i always worry terrible about money - esp as we are desperatly trying to keep our head above water, and build up hubbys self employed business.

I really hate money! but also love it too!!

I thought you had to have a summons telling you that you should be in Court?? Don't quote me though as I have only dealt with criminal courts and not small claims. I agree with the rest - until you see the proof don't pay, and log down every call you make.

They can't ring you the day before and say you are being taken to court!

The courts send you a summonds i think first, :?

Sounds like their final attempt to get you to pay up, if you haven't hard from them how are you supposed to know what you owe and how to pay??

:roll:

I used to work as a credit controller. To take someone to court you need to have issued a summons and provided copies of all invoices etc. It's not as easy as just ringing someone up and telling them that! Ignore them, repeat your request for copies of invoices and DO NOT hand over a penny until you've received them.

Just sounds liek they tried to bully you into paying out a sumof money! :? :o

UPDATE

Hubby phoned them this am and complained about the persons attitude and said how can we pay with out any bills.
So they faxed us the invoice and have all paid! why couldnt the arse of a girl do it last night - probably too near home time!

Scared the life out of me and hubby as we always pay our bills

Glad you got it sorted hun. I hate companies that employ people like that. Luckily i've never had to deal with any who has a stick up their arse ^_^ :lol:

:evil: Silly biatch :lol:
Glad u got it sorted now hun it cant have been nice!
x

glad its all sorted now hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"