Just got back from EPU!

CharCharxxx

Reaction score
This morning I had some tanned brownish blood stains in my pyjama bottoms and light dull AF cramps. Never had bleeding in pregnancy before so naturally I freaked out and went straight to A&E. Got referred to early pregnancy unit and had a scan which showed my little bunny with a healthy heartbeat and even saw it's arm moving! I'm 9+5 which are my exact dates that I worked out. She said she could see a small bleed which was a little grey/black area but said it's very common and she wasn't concerned. I still have annoying period type pains though now, why am I not reassured after having this scan?! I was for first hour now I'm panicking again :( anybody else had this before? This is my third baby but first time with bleeding issues x

Big hugs honey. I don't have any experience of this but didn't want to read and not post x

Thank you Hun I feel annoyed at myself for not being calmer and assured I don't know what's wrong with me lol xx

Hey Hun I'm the same and had scan this morning showing baby and heart beat but was so pleased this morning when I was reassured !!! Now I need to be reassured again xx

It's such a horrible feeling isn't it because you keep asking yourself , "what else do you want? You've seen it's ok!" Lol glad your scan went well Hun :) x

I'm exactly the same. I've spent more time in the EPU than out of it. My last scan was last Wednesday where I saw the baby but they too found a bleed located next to/ attached to the outside of baby's sac. I felt reassured the day I came out but over the past week I have convinced myself something has gone wrong because my only symptom has virtually disappeared! I feel like I want another scan but holding off for two weeks until the 12 weeks scan. So, you're not alone and my head is playing tricks telling me the baby has died this last week when there is no reason to think that and apparently symptoms subside around week 10, which is what I am. Despite this still panicking!! I will be glad when I get out of this god awful first trimester.. Xx

I have had spotting this whole pregnancy. Noticed a bit of pink after many bowel movements, and more often some brown discharge the day after. (had brown spotting 7-8 weeks with first). Believe I have a sensitive cervix. At 11 weeks I had several gushes of bright red blood, went to hospital and they checked over, cervix was closed. Ultrasound a couple days after, saw baby move and heard heartbeat but they dont give results (they send to doc). Haven't heard from doc since (almost a week ago) so obviously nothing major was found. Brown discharge is not normally a cause for much concern from what my docs told me (as its old blood) so I would just relax and enjoy your little bean (it gets easier!) xoxo

I'm exactly the same. I've spent more time in the EPU than out of it. My last scan was last Wednesday where I saw the baby but they too found a bleed located next to/ attached to the outside of baby's sac. I felt reassured the day I came out but over the past week I have convinced myself something has gone wrong because my only symptom has virtually disappeared! I feel like I want another scan but holding off for two weeks until the 12 weeks scan. So, you're not alone and my head is playing tricks telling me the baby has died this last week when there is no reason to think that and apparently symptoms subside around week 10, which is what I am. Despite this still panicking!! I will be glad when I get out of this god awful first trimester.. Xx

Yes that's where my bleed is it's round the bottom of the outside of the sac. You just hear the word "bleed" and assume the worst! The midwife I saw said it's nothing to be concerned about and it often dries up after a little while. Got my 12 week scan friday 11th except I will be 11 weeks. I requested to have it earlier as my Oh works away on an oil rig and goes back to work the 13th so didn't want him to miss it. Just praying nothing has changed from now until then! One thing I am hopeful of is that once you've seen a heartbeat at 8 weeks it's like a 90 something percent chance the pregnancy will continue which are quite good statistics I think :) x

I have had spotting this whole pregnancy. Noticed a bit of pink after many bowel movements, and more often some brown discharge the day after. (had brown spotting 7-8 weeks with first). Believe I have a sensitive cervix. At 11 weeks I had several gushes of bright red blood, went to hospital and they checked over, cervix was closed. Ultrasound a couple days after, saw baby move and heard heartbeat but they dont give results (they send to doc). Haven't heard from doc since (almost a week ago) so obviously nothing major was found. Brown discharge is not normally a cause for much concern from what my docs told me (as its old blood) so I would just relax and enjoy your little bean (it gets easier!) xoxo

They do say no news is good news :) these babies cause us so much worry from the day of our bfp don't they lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->