Just got my Faint BFP this morning - gonna retest in morning - What next???

babyclements

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am new and only been on this a few weeks - stopped birth control 4 weeks ago, had a whole range of symptoms, did a test this morning get a faint Positive!but definately a "bfp: hubby confirmed it!

All I have been reading about is ovulation! Didnt think we would get preggers this quick! Gonna test again later today when I have held my pee for a long enough!
SO Whats next?? When should I make an appointment to go to the doc?
I am on vitamins with 400mg fiolic acid... what else do I have to do?
My hubbys friend gave him the book "What to expect when your Expecting" I only got as far as the first few pages LOL!

Just looking for a timeline on what i should be doing now, first docs appointment, scans.....
I am the first of my friends to get preggers and dont wanna tell too many until I get the all clear....

congratulations and welcome.

This is my 2nd pregnancy but only first month of trying so it is possible on the first go!

Id recommend testing first thing in the mornig as any HGC levels are higher first thing (difficult to hold off I bet Ive already peed my way through tons lol :dohh:)

As you have only just stopped BC the best thing I can suggest is booking a Dr appt they usually wont do anything until your officially 2 weeks late to test but if you can be persuasive a blood test is the only sure fire way of confirmation.

The vits your on sound good as long as you have the Folic Acid already. Are you UK? I was oblivious first time to the whole midwife set up so once your preg is confirmed you need to make a 'booking in' appt through your GP practice for the midwife this may take a few weeks, they will then take the lead on your care.

Hoping that BFP keeps getting clearer for you, good luck xx

Did another one at 11am! still light but there. Gonna do it first thing in Morning.
I am actually in the USA, I moved here with my hubby from Ireland last year. We are all settled, and excited about our new addition!!!
Soem people here are saying to wiat till 8weeks to go to doc... I dunno about that! Will call my GP and see what she says! Hope my BFP stays!! :D Thanks and goodluck!!!
Oh my test pics are here if you wanna have a looksie and lemme, know what you think :D

https://www.babyandbump.com/bfp-ann...y-next-step-also-pics-attached-you-think.html

If you are in US, go ahead and get your GP to do a blood test and then pick an OB/GYN in your area or have your GP recommend one... Congrats!

No denying it! I am pregnant! I think maybe about 2/3 weeks.
Well did a pink dye test at 2a.m. and two big lines and again at 4a.m. and another (hadda pee alot!)
Gues sI will book doc appointment for maybe 3 weeks time, you think that is a good idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"