Just had a baby and condom broke...

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
Our newest addition is less than 6 weeks old and we're starting to get back to normal.. we have had sex a few times with condoms but last night I noticed after sex when washing up it felt a little like we hadn't used one... Dh checked it this morning and there was a tear or something near the end 😓
We are soo not ready to have 4th baby, I'm waiting to get an IUD and we are planning on using that plus condoms to be sure but here we are in this mess ughh.. we are lucky enough to have 2 babies and a big boy too, but we wanted to wait 5 or 6 years before having another... anyway, I am hoping for the best for our family and I guess all I can do is start testing in 14 days 😢

That soon after birth your odds are slim but it is possible. Hope you get the answer you want.

Thank you, I hope you are right.. ive heard more fertile, less fertile, i really have no clue. My cervix is still low and open some so...theres that. I couldn't get the plan b today because the pharmacy was out so the drs office said breastfeed only and hope for the best. I would love to have more babies, just not yet.. my husband is wonderful though, once he got over the fear and shock he is saying we will embrace whatever happens.. so i am feeling very lucky there.

I would think it was unlikely so soon after a baby but always a chance. I hope you get the outcome you want :)

Thank you! Unlikely is what I'm hoping for. Just explaining it to my family sounds awful, they thought we were crazy already having 3 with the last two 15 months apart... I've actually found it easier so far than having 2 LOs.. balances things out i guess

I keep thinking probably nothing will happen, but my midwife told me you are extremely fertile after giving birth so :dohh:. I'm trying not to symptom spot but I can't help but notice this very very slippery slightly stretchy white discharge that started within a day of the condom breaking.. and there is a lot

Well, that would only be an issue if you were ovulating.A ton of women don't ovulate for several months(some a year or more) after giving birth when breast feeding.
Most women are not fertile that soon, but it is possible. That is what Irish Twins are (kids born born within 12months of eachother. Means the second pregnancy started 3 months or less from the previous birth.

Very true... I am breastfeeding but he also takes pacifiers and occassional supplementation, and he sleeps for stretches of 6hrs or more, all which allow ovulation to return.

He is an awfully easy baby so one more like him would be a gift (I say as our not so easy 17 month old bounces him in the bouncer with his butt). We know how lucky we are even if things don't go exactly to plan, but it was only once so possible but not likely, and only time will tell. Honestly I'm not that afraid of it happening, sadly I'm more afraid of what people would say if it did. I'd feel obligated to share TMI and explain how it happened and wasn't the plan lol. My husband is Filipino, his family would be happy.. mine would cry for me.

I had a blood test done on the 15th which said hcg level was 2, so, negative. However, since then I've been having brown spotting and one gush of red, no cramping.. i am not sure what it is but I guess implantation bleeding is possible, it started a week after the sex. When should I test to see if it is?

You can start testing 3 days after or wait 10 days and see if you get AF.

I went ahead and took one..

https://i64.tinypic.com/28w1is3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"