Just had a look "down there"

blinkybaby

Reaction score
Wish I hadn't!

Tell me it gets better?????

I was a very lucky girl and didn't need an episiotomy or stitches and just suffered with a lot of grazing, but one of my inner labia is completely ripped in half! It looks so alien and different and swollen, right now I feel like I never want my partner near that area ever again.

Also, sometimes it's really really painful and sometimes it's manageable? Is that normal? Like when I stand up for too long it starts throbbing.

Also, when does it get easier to go for number 2? Every time I need to go my heart sinks. It's an ordeal...

xxxx

I found the grazes worse than the tears/stitches as they really really sting! The swelling will go down, it will be ok. it will never be the *same* but it will be so much better than it is now!

No one warns you about the throbbing "insides aobut to fall out" sensation do they! It's normal but that doesn't make it anymore pleasant. IT will ease, but I remember it taking a few weeks before it felt normalish.

Make sure you drink plenty or water as that will help with the pooing and eat lots of fruit and veg as they contain fibre.

I must admit, I looked for the first time 2 days ago, not because I was worried or anything, just because I kept forgetting :dohh:

I was most impressed, nothing is different and I was genuinely surprised. When I said to Boyo his reply was "looks good doesn't it" :rofl: Not sure I'd say that but I know what he meant.

As for the pooing, that was uncomfortable for me for quite some time unfortunately but everyone is different so hope you aren't as unlucky :hugs:

xxx

Wish I hadn't!

I was a very lucky girl and didn't need an episiotomy or stitches and just suffered with a lot of grazing, but one of my inner labia is completely ripped in half! It looks so alien and different and swollen, right now I feel like I never want my partner near that area ever again.

Also, sometimes it's really really painful and sometimes it's manageable? Is that normal? Like when I stand up for too long it starts throbbing.

Also, when does it get easier to go for number 2? Every time I need to go my heart sinks. It's an ordeal...

xxxx

One of my labia is ripped in half too!!! I'm so glad that it's just not me! Am sooo worried that it'll flap around and get in the way during sex!

For me it was about 2 weeks until weeing stopped making me cry and it didn't sting ALL THE TIME, 3 weeks before the swelling started to go down and 4 weeks before I felt human again down there. After that I felt pretty much fine, although am still bleeding and it still feels sort of...big and slightly achey down there, but not in any way that bothers me. Am desperate to have sex but am being good and waiting for my 6 week check which is annoyingly at 7 weeks for me! Am also a bit scared tbh! :-S

I strongly suggest going to the doctors about pooing. During labour I managed to tear my, ahem back passage in several places, but didn't realise and every time I was going toilet since it was absolute agony for aaages, until I mentioned it to the doctors when I was there about something else about a week ago, and she gave me a lovely gentle laxative which makes it much easier to go almost straight away, without it getting...messy, and some cream to help it heal faster. Wish I'd have gone sooner!

I saw my MW yesterday and she said they should really have stitched my labia back together immediately after the birth but not much can be done now.

As for weeing, I've found putting the toilet seat up, sitting on the rim and leaning right forward helps as it directs the stream downwards.

See i was stitched up afterwards but she must have either missed that bit, or my stitches maybe came out before it'd healed properly :-(

I didnt look but it does get better I had a 2nd degree tear and stitches took me just before christmas to start feeling better again and I had Ollie at the end of August. Yes when I stood up for too long I know what you mean about the throbbing I thought I was okay to go for a walk and got the throbbing and aching so think that is normal. And yes having a number 2 does get easier.

i had a third degree tear and nearly 40 stitches. You are brave-i darn't go down there yet! I can feel it is not right anyway.

As for poops, if it is still sore would a bit of gentle lactulose help?

i was really painfull with my 1st but i have no pain at all with my 2nd x

Wish I hadn't!

xxxx

:hugs: i made the fatel mistake of having a look down there (3 or 4 days after birth) to check my stitches...... Oh My God i could have cried!!!!!! I dont know what i expected my ladyparts to look like but i didnt expect that!!!! I have since told my sister who is expecting NOT to look for at least a week or so and even then to be prepared!!!!

As for going for No2... i wait til i really have to go so when i sit down it does it on its own lol xx

I had my husband take a picture of it for me a few days after I had my daughter. It looked sooo nasty.

I tore all the way into my rectum but fortunately the first time I went number 2 it did not hurt at all.

I had a 3rd degree tear as well as an episiotomy. I didn't look for a few weeks but when I did it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Although everyone who checked (midwives, gp and consultant) all commented the doctor who stitched me up made a really good job of it :haha: what do you say to that!

I was still really sore up until LO was around 10 months old :hugs: xx

10 months! Goodness me! Well done for coping - I hope my soreness doesn't last that long!

:hugs:

xxx

I had an episiotomy and I "felt" the need to look after 3 days :blush: First I ask my DH to check if is very bad, so I wait a little longer and he was amazed "how good it looks' :wacko:
I checked it myself and true, the epi didn't look as bad as I thought it would, pretty neat, but (sorry tmi :blush: ) I noticed the skin that once was surrounding the clitoris was split on the left side and IT doesn't have the skin around as before. Now is looking like a hood open at the bottom part...I had no clue about this tear :wacko::wacko:...I don't know if it will make a difference when dtd but it was somenthing I didn't expect at all...

I was one of the lucky ones with the episi which didn't sting when weeing :happydance: althought I had quite few stiches (using peribottle and Tucks all the time) and #2 was better than before giving birth, no straining - I had to take iron during pregnancy and it constipated me like hell. Now I have to continue Iron :wacko: but I am taking Easy Iron-not as constipating and stool softeners.

hi i was the same , very thankfully & luckily didnt tear however i did need my labia stitched , i cant believe the hospital didnt do that you must be in alot of pain :( i hope it heals and gets better ! my heart goes out to everyone with tears :( i cried and cried with fear prior to labour about that ! hope everyone heals and is coping well !

My OH had a look down there today and he seemed disappointed! :(

This may be TMI, but my "hole" seems very stretched on the outside, the inside is the same but it's just not as neat and tidy down there as it used to be! I guess I should have expected that since I did push a baby through there but I just didn't really think about it and it's upset me a bit!

Anyone else feel the same way?

xx

Know how u ladies feel, even tho i was one of the lucky ones and only grazed with both my children despite there big birth weight!

Do anyone have any tips for swelling down below? Im so sore that even sitting down 4 too long hurts like hell :(

I looked at mine three weeks after and it looked HORRIBLE. BUT! Rest assured, completely normal now. Just give it a bit more, the swelling goes down and everything is normal again

Know how u ladies feel, even tho i was one of the lucky ones and only grazed with both my children despite there big birth weight!

Do anyone have any tips for swelling down below? Im so sore that even sitting down 4 too long hurts like hell :(

lay down as much as you can. if you have to sit, lean onto one butt cheek instead of putting direct pressure on your lady bits. Get an ice pack and sit on it! Best thing ever, just make sure there are like two layers of fabric between you and the ice pack or it hurts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->