just had an early scan. Advice ladies and experience xx

Maidenet

Reaction score
Going by guessing my last period I'd be 6 weeks today.

Had an early internal done and all they saw was a gestational sack and yolk sack. Measuring 5 weeks.

The sonographer was worried and said it's normal and I'm booked for two weeks time.

Anyone have this happen? And in two weeks there we a difference xx

I had this. I had a loss in august so counted first day of bleedinf as cd1
went for scan on monday thinking I was 6 weeks and was measuring just under 5 weeks with empty sac. Went back yesterday for another scan I now have yolk sac and fetal pole but still measuring just under 5 weeks which worried me.
but my doctor was not concerned at all and said whats happening inside the sac is more important and not the sac measurents as they can be really off.
I go back in two weeks and fingers crossed should see more and they will measure embyro instead of sac. She said I could easily catch up by then and if I only catch up by a week by my 12 week scan I could go up another week. So everything goes back to original dates.
going to be a LONG 2 weeks!

Thank you for the reply.

It's horrible isn't it! Urgh. It's going to be a long two weeks.

I've had spotting as well. But I had that in my last pregnancy too so it means nothing lol x

Measurements being off by week at this stage isnt uncommon. Maybe your baby didnt implant till later. Best of luck for your next scan.

Maybe I did ovulate late... I did a test on the 3rd and it was negative. It wasn't until a week later I got a positive result. X

Your measurements can certainly be off at this early stage as baby is still so tiny! I had an early scan at 8 weeks but by twelve week baby had caught up by a few days and matched my ovulation dates.

Try not to worry, like your doctor said it's totally normal.

Good luck x

I had a scan last week and measured at 5w4d, we saw the gestational and yolk sac but nothing else, received mixed signals from the nurse but I am also booked in in two weeks. Im in the same boat as you so I understand, the waiting sucks! But from the sounds of it the majority of women dont see much until at least six weeks, they grow so quickly at this stage it could be different from one day to the next. Good luck and fingers crossed for you. :thumbup:

Hello yes!! Exactly the same time frames too with my dd. Went for an early scan at what I thought was 6 weeks as felt some pain when I sneezed etc. But only saw yolk sac and no heartbeat and said only measuring 5 weeks. Went back in 2 weeks and all there and present. How long are your cycles? Mine were 34 days hense the week put back as using the first day of last period is only accurate on a 28 day cycle.

This time I know the date I od so should hopefully be spot on. Fx for next scan xx

With this bump I had a scan at 6 weeks - was really nervous as it was after a MMC in December. They told me it was measuring 5 weeks and I prepared for the worst.

2 weeks later I was measured a 2 days ahead! The sonographer said she couldn't believe they were out before but it was a matter of mm and experience did count in getting a good measurement... I'd had a student do the scan that measured me at 5 weeks (supervised nonetheless).

Stay positive until you are told negative! xx

When I got pregnant with my daughter I wasn't trackong ovulation at all. I had my first scan at what I thought was 6 + 3 but at the scan measurements were 5 +3. I've found out since that I ovulate at cd20\cd21 which explained it.

I don't know if this is true or not but I've heard ovulation can be affected by a miscarriage so if you had a loss in august ovulation could be late because of that.

I know how you feel. I had a miscarriage in July. I'm about 6 + 4 ish and have a scan Thursday. Try to to worry right now.

None of us know until you have that second scan. But I'd say the fact there's a yolk there is good. I didn't have a yolk at all last year, just an empty sack. Ended up being a blighted ovum.

Keep positive, you may be fine yet. I've heard of a few people not seeing things until a week or so later than they expect. Nature is funny that way.

This happened to me, and in a weeks time we could see the baby. I'm now ten weeks pregnant and we recently heard the baby's heartbeat for a few seconds. Don't worry, I wasn't quite measuring 5 weeks and I was actually 6 weeks pregnant. At week 7 they did the second scan and baby was there with the little flicker of a heartbeat.

Pregnancy isn't beautiful lol its mean and stressful!

Well I had my scan today. I know exactly whrn I ovulated this time as I used opks and I knew I was pregnant straight away. So according to ovulation I expected to be 6 + 6 or 6+5 (with a due date of 13th or 14th June at the scan today (based on lmp it would be 7 + 3 with a due date of 9th june). BUT the scan measured between 5 +5 and 6 + 0 only. I did see a heartbeat which was nice. The radiographer said not to be worried and that it's perfectly normal but after a miscarriage I'll be worried until the 13 week scan. Based on a 6 week date that the us gave me coception would be 25th sept but I got my + opk on 19th and 20th and bd-ed on 18th and 19th only...no later.

My mum said her first three kids were 2 weeks overdue and this was before us. We were all 6 or 7 lbs so I'm guessing that a slow start was the same for my mum and if she dated with us she wouldn't have been sooooo overdue.

With my first scan with my daughter I measured a week behind with just an sac and beginning of yolk in there. 3 weeks later as it was the earliest appointment I had one little person in there. She was always measuring on the small size though and was born at 5lbs 15oz so not a huge baby. She now 18lbs so she didn't remain small for long....

Do you know the date you ovulated? I wouldn't worry as going by lmp or when you had sex isn't always the most reliable. You may have ovulated late plus sperm can live up to 5-7 days inside you so you can actually get pregnant up to a week after the actual sex. Babies also can measure off by a bit this early and it's completely normal. I'm sure everything is fine. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Sorry misread!! This is your first scan so yo very well may be off by a few days. One week difference isn't a big concern. :) The fact that you saw a yolk sac is a good sign. I never saw any heartbeats before 6+5 with mine. The wait for the next scan is the worst!! :hugs:

Sounds great for only five weeks. Completely normal not to see much at five weeks. At 5+1 we ONLY saw thick lining! No sac, no nothing. I am now happily eight weeks with a growing baby :)

Pmsl that's what we had with my daughter. Went for an early scan expecting to see at least something lol but no... Here is some thick womb lining lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->