Just had the Harmony test done

ssjad

Reaction score
I'm so excited! Has anyone else had it?
Sadly I have to wait a week before getting the results. But how cool to find out so early what gender (10+2).

I'm 9w and will ask for the MaterniT21 at my next appointment. My OB offered it to me and I think I'll take it. :)

Yay! What does that one test for? How much do you have to pay for it? And will you still get an ultrasound?
I decided not to, to wait until the 20 week ultrasound.

I had the MaterniT21 when I was pregnant with daughter back in December 2012. It was newish at that time and tested for Trisomy 13, 18 and 21. At that time, they'd only test if your were high risk for those.

Back then, the only test out was the MaterniT21, but now there are several available, and anyone can choose to have it done. Things sure have changed in 3 short years! I love it bc it can offer high risk women a non invasive option for testing rather than the invasive CVS or amnio. Congratulations ladies!

The nurse at my OB said they didn't offer it. I am 43 and praying this pregnancy sticks and REALLY WANT this test. I also want to stay with my OB. Is there a way to pay to have this done, can I be referred out to have this? Obviously I haven't seen my Dr yet and just having blood draws but it's very important to me

I will still have the ultrasound. My OB said it will be covered by insurance. I did some reading around in case for whatever reason insurance wouldn't cover it, and multiple sources say for self-pay folks, it costs at most around $250.

The nurse at my OB said they didn't offer it. I am 43 and praying this pregnancy sticks and REALLY WANT this test. I also want to stay with my OB. Is there a way to pay to have this done, can I be referred out to have this? Obviously I haven't seen my Dr yet and just having blood draws but it's very important to me

My OB didn't offer it either. I was high risk when pregnant with daughter (46 yrs old) so when I made it to 12 weeks, I started seeing a perinatologist too and they ordered the test. I would ask your OB if they know of anyone who does offer it; maybe see a perinatologist for a consult and ask them if they can do it. Additionally, you may be able to call the lab who offers the test (MaterniT21 is done by Sequenom in California) and see if they know of way to get it. I spoke to them when I was pregnant with daughter and they were very helpful. Good luck

I am on the east coast. Anyone else know of test besides Harmony and Maternit21? We are at a very tiny hospital so I wonder if they will offer that test, so tiny there is only one OB!

I am on the east coast. Anyone else know of test besides Harmony and Maternit21? We are at a very tiny hospital so I wonder if they will offer that test, so tiny there is only one OB!

There is also a test called the Panorama. Why not ask your OB's office (or you could do it yourself) to call one of the labs who created and run the tests and have them send out a kit. When I first found out about the test (the MaterniT21) I called the company and that's one of the things they suggested if I couldn't find another doctor who already did the test. All your doctor has to do is draw the blood. No matter where you live, the tests are all sent off to whatever lab created it (mine went from Georgia to California) to be tested. Good luck.

Had mine done last Monday. Found out baby is a girl and low risk ❤️ I couldn't be happier. Did you get your results back?

Met with my NM today for my OB intake, she ordered the MaterniT21 test and my insurance will cover most of it. I am getting my blood drawn tomorrow!

Oh, congratulations amc! A girl, and healthy, is awesome!!
Still waiting for my results... A little impatiently! They have to be sent to another state so takes a little while 😕

Oh, congratulations amc! A girl, and healthy, is awesome!!
Still waiting for my results... A little impatiently! They have to be sent to another state so takes a little while 😕

Thanks, I'm so excited! Fingers crossed that you get them soon! It only took them 5 business days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->