Just home from the dr... devastated. THANKS PAGE15!

i had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and my baby looked like that, there was no hb and i was devastated! a week later and there was a heart beat. is there anyway that the baby is just growing slower? i mean, like you did conceive when you and OH had sex but then the baby gre a bit slower than avg? im no doc, but i do like finding hope, im keeping everything crossed for you! xxx

I can understand you being very concerned about the difference in your dates. But looking at your scan pic, the embryo is only less than 4 mm. The cut-off point for finding the heart beat in internal scanning is over 5mm so it is possible that things are still ok.

If you know a date of 6 weeks is impossible, then I am afraid it is likely to be bad news. But if you have any reasonable grounds for hanging on to hope, things could still be ok.

I am really hoping they are wrong and the baby is just growing slowly. x

I'm really trying hard to hold on to that little bit of hope. But she even said sperm can't live but 7 days in you. And we had sex on the 27th of September. I haven't had a period, no bleeding at all of any kind since September 16th (well that was the first day of my last period). She id say that she didn't think it would be that much of a difference if the baby was growing slower. So i guess we'll just see in 2 weeks if nothing happens before then. Is it possible that maybe the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks and i just haven't missed carried yet??

yes I'm afraid it would be possible that the baby stopped growing but you didn't miscarry yet. When this happens the embryo shrinks, it happened to me once and when I went back for follow up, the sac was empty and the embryo had gone. If I had never had the earlier scan, I would never have known that the baby had even started in the first place and would have been diagnosed with blighted ovum.

I really hope that this isn't the case for you though.

I will be keeping my fingerscrossed for everything to be perfect for you. Your little bean is beatiful

Thinking of you......so sorry that you are going through this!!!

I don't have any experience but I really hope everything turns out ok. :hugs:

Hope you don't mind me popping in from 3rd tri (came up in my "unreads"). I wasn't 100% sure of my dates so had to go for a dating scan early on but was explained that dating takes 2 scans. I thought I was around 6wks when I had my first scan but measured only 4+2 so then doc got me all panicked and I had to do hgc(?) series blood tests which again didn't show great results. Went for 2nd scan at what would have been around 6wks by the first scan (but nearly 8wks by mine), was told may not see hb due to 6wks still being early but that time things measured in line with what I thought (7+6 or something) and we did see hb. The sonographer explained that's why they do 2 scans because one just isn't accurate enough in the very early stages.

I understand how hard it is just to wait it out but hang in there, as you were told, you're still in with a 50/50 shot... there is hope :flower:

Hope you don't mind me popping in from 3rd tri (came up in my "unreads"). I wasn't 100% sure of my dates so had to go for a dating scan early on but was explained that dating takes 2 scans. I thought I was around 6wks when I had my first scan but measured only 4+2 so then doc got me all panicked and I had to do hgc(?) series blood tests which again didn't show great results. Went for 2nd scan at what would have been around 6wks by the first scan (but nearly 8wks by mine), was told may not see hb due to 6wks still being early but that time things measured in line with what I thought (7+6 or something) and we did see hb. The sonographer explained that's why they do 2 scans because one just isn't accurate enough in the very early stages.

I understand how hard it is just to wait it out but hang in there, as you were told, you're still in with a 50/50 shot... there is hope :flower:

thanks. That really does help and give me hope!!! Hoping and praying that is my case. It is very hard this 2 weeks ahead of me is going to be looonnnggg. :cry:

Hi don't give up hope sperm can live from 5-10 days on the fallopian tube so that's not far fetch to your days, Nothing is an exact science with the human body as long as you are not bleeding I say keep your hopes up!! keep us posted :) :hugs:

Hi don't give up hope sperm can live from 5-10 days on the fallopian tube so that's not far fetch to your days, Nothing is an exact science with the human body as long as you are not bleeding I say keep your hopes up!! keep us posted :) :hugs:

Thanks for that and I will def keep everyone updated. I found another thread and there was several women in cases like mine and everything was fine. :shrug:

With my last pregnancy they didn't see the hb until 8wks 1day. I had two u/s before that and they said it didn't look good that there should be more development. They said my numbers weren't doubling like they should. My son is now 17 months old. :). Hugs to you as I know how hard the next two weeks will be.

Marisa

Thanks for that and I will def keep everyone updated. I found another thread and there was several women in cases like mine and everything was fine. :shrug:

It is the mystery of our bodies lol so do everything you would to take care of that little peanut and in 2 weeks time we are hoping to see a beating heart and a sticky bean!! :hugs:

Hope everything goes OK for you. Is it possible that they just cannot see anything yet as it is still very early? We did not get to have a scan until I was 19 weeks, and did not get to hear the baby until 12 weeks (as they tried at my 10 week checkup and could not hear her) . But then we went back 2 weeks later and everything was fine. Her heartbeat was there thumping away. :)

Good luck to you and your beautiful little one. :hugs:

i have a 10 cm cyst that my doctor is watching so every week i get a sonogram..at 4 weeks i saw a lil ball...5 weeks a bigger ball...6 weeks...a blob..lol..if my doctor doesnt steady his hand right he cant find the heartbeat (through vaginal ultrasound)...my dates dont exactly quite match up either but if your levels are doubling i wouldnt be too worried...i dont think they would be doubling if the baby wasnt growing?...but i could be wrong...but my fingers will be crossed for you that everything turns out well :hugs:

I had ultra sound at 6wks but all you could see was the sac, the embryo was not visible at all so they said it was much more likely I was 5 wks but that didn't match up with the tests I'd taken OR my later dating scans which all showed I would have been 6wks for the first scan.:wacko:

I hope all is OK:flower:

do not lose hope just yet! Wish you all the best!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->