"Just Keep Trying" but...

dreamingbyday

Reaction score
I am closing in on a year of ttc without success :'( My son was born via csection and we eventually decided to have a second baby. I was still breastfeeding and hadn't gotten a period back yet but that wasn't uncommon for me because, unless I am on birth control, I generally don't get a period anyhow. I did get my period back which caused me to need to wean my son, hoping that it would help the ttc situation. It hasn't. I went to the doctor because my last period had been so heavy (9 days, should have been hospitalized for blood loss probably) that I was terrified of menstruating again. We discussed my difficulties and I indicated that a cyst had been removed during my csection and that another doctor several years ago thought I had ovarian cysts so my doc agreed to an ultrasound. Supposedly, it came back within normal range but the tech (who is very good) Almost couldn't find one of my ovaries. "Well...I think this it..." is what he said and what he measured was like a quarter the size of the other one. Am I wrong to think that might not be normal?? My doc mentioned that I should do a bbt chart but I started getting a little depressed doing it (crying after I picked my son up at daycare because babies) so I stopped which has put me in a healthier frame of mind. It seems like I am healthy and young (mid 20s) but...nothing. I am afraid to go back because I stopped temping but I did keep doing opk and got a few positives finally and did my best to...ttc...around those times.
I just...need some moral support. And to know that I am not crazy thinking this isn't particularly a normal situation.

You are not alone! Secondary infertility is not all that uncommon. It took us 14 months to get pregnant with out second. It also took many many tests and 4 rounds of Clomid. I completely understand how stressful it is. My OB never pressed bbt (I have Crohn's disease and wake up a lot in the night, so it wouldn't be that accurate anyway). She recommended the ovulation test strips, and then a progesterone test and/or u/s to confirm ovulation. I had an HSG and a saline sonohysterogram, among other tests. I also had a period that was extremely heavy - so heavy that I had to take hormones to stop it and "reset" my body. I can't tell you the anxiety and the tears that have seemed almost constant the past year. My OB was always very sweet and sensitive - if you are afraid yours will yell at you for not taking a temp everyday, I'd get a new one! You need an OB that is proactive, confident, understanding and willing to lay out a plan. I am so sorry you are going through all of this. I sympathize completely. You WILL get that second baby!!

Thanks for the lovely reply! I should mention that the doc isn't even an OB x.x The way my healthcare works, I don't get my OB referral until my primary doc decides it is out of his/her abilities. Its weird x.x But I am stuck, unless I can fool the system.
He did mention the possibility of putting me on birth control to even out my cycle so it is good to know that it helped you out! Also good to know that not doing but won't necessarily harm anything, since I have been doing opk tests at least. I was hearing that but is the best way to track your cycle but my temps were kinda crazy which made me a little batty myself x.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->