Just miscarried!

fabs

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
After 2 years i finally got a line last tuesday, i was thrilled. that was 5 days over due period. i thought i'd retest thur morning b4 i went the doctors that same day in which i booked appointment. again i got a line, but was slightly worried as the line stayed same didn't darken. just b4 appointment in afternoon i had lil browny discharge. so panick set in. got to docs, and she sed def pregnant with those lines and didn't av to retest. however she booked me in for early pregnancy assessment the nxt day. so fri morning, had scan, which showed the lining of the womb had thickened, but inconclusive of the sac. the only way they'd kno for sure was to check hcg. got my blood test result same day....and it wasn't great, it was raised slightly but for 4-5 weeks should b around 400ish, mine was a low 38. the nurse told me to remain hopeful and was suppose to go yesterday to measure to c if it was doubled.....i didn't even make it that far... clot arrived early hours sun morning and floodin since.....i believe i may av had this happen once b4, but didn't even reach 25 on hcg scale which is wen pregnancy tests detect it. can anyone explain why my hcg levels aren't rising? i'm devastated :cry:

Dont really know much about why hcg levels wont rise but didnt want to read and run, so sorry :hugs:

i'm really sorry for your loss. i know how you feel, i've been in a similar situation :hugs:

hcg is produced by the embryo after implantation, so i believe it is the other way around: the fact that the hcg is not rising is a consecuence, not a cause. if there is any problem with the fertilised egg (mainly chromosomal) it will either not implant at all, or it will implant but will not grow properly. if that happens then, hgc will not rise as it should to mantain the pregnancy and that's when the mc happens.

So sorry for your loss - I experienced the same last week and it is horrible. Big hugs to you xxx

Sorry for your loss. I experienced the same thing. My hCG was rising very slowly and then started to drop. Then it started to rise again. I had an ectopic. Big hugs to you xx

I'm so sorry :( It's the hardest thing to go through. Like Kosh side- it's really a side effect- not the cause- when HCG doesn't rise. Something must have been chromosomally off. I know that doesn't make it any easier .. that's the case for most of us honestly. :hugs:

thanks for the support ladies. and the advice. i just wud never wish this feeling on any woman. i didn't kno how my partner would react, he's been brilliant with me, but i kno he's gutted inside, and i kno its not my fault but i feel like i'm lettin him down :cry:

Sorry for your loss, fabs. It's hard when you have a feeling that things aren't going right and the doctors keep telling you to stay positive. I had weeks of tests and waiting and wondering if things would be ok, even though I had a feeling that i needed to prepare myself. I kept hoping, but still knew that it wasn't right. Then when I got the answer that it was going to be a miscarriage it just felt like it wasn't happening.

I'm sure it's nothing you've done to cause this to happen and your OH knows that too. Keep your head up, get whatever specialized help you need to figure out what's happening during implantation and get as much information as you can to make your dream a reality. Be kind to yourself! :hug:

:hugs: that sucks! I don't have an answer to your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->