Just need some reassurance I think

Twist

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Well I am 8 weeks and 3 days now, but I haven't seen a doctor yet as we are moving back to Canada in two days and no one here will see me which I get, but I probably won't get to see a doctor until after November 1st (once we arrive in Calgary). I think everything is going fine, but at the same time I feel like I am missing out on something, maybe I just need the dr. to look and go, "yup,... your pregnant..." I don't know, but until I can get to one all I have is this forum so please bear with me as I have a few "is this normal" questions.

lately when I cough or sneeze I sometimes get a really sharp severe pain in my lower belly/high pubic area. Every time it happens I get really worried, I think I shouldn't be having pain down there,... but I don't know? is this normal?? I have had NO bleeding or spotting so far, if I had that as well I would go to see a doctor, but I am hoping that it is just my muscles down there being strained and pulled right now.

Also, when you go for your first check up do they also check your breasts?? mine have grown a lot lately and are extremely tender. I am feeling all these weird things in my breasts that I've never felt before, but is this all a normal part of them developing into milk producing breasts??

Other wise I have been feeling fine, no morning sickness yet thank god, I'm tired but I am also in the process of packing up our entire flat. (mostly on my own it seems lately :hissy:)

What do you think?? pain normall?? breast normal??

Sorry again for the possibly silly questions but I am feeling a bit alone right now and having made no "medical pregnancy connections" yet I am feeling a bit lost and scared

Its awful that you can't see a doctor, I hope you manage to see one soon :)

I have also been getting sharp pains when I cough and sneeze, and also have really tender breasts that have gone up a bra size and cup size already!!

Good luck xxxx

Thank you so much!!!:hug::hug:

Feeling better allready!

Congratulations!!!

A few weeks ago when I would sneeze or cough I would get a sharp pain. But all is well with baby so it's normal, I'm sure. If something to do with the muscles stretching...you may also get some pain if you move too quickly =D
My boobs never hurt but are huge and the feelings you are having in them is normal! Mine sometimes feel like they are "tingling" as if they have fallen asleep LOL
I was stressed about all the little things in the beginning...but so many new things are going to happen you have never had before.
Everyone here is so helpful...don't ever hesitate to ask anything.

Good Luck with the move!

Hello and congrats!
I sometimes get a severe stretching sensation when I cough or sneeze, not often, but it gives me a slight start. :)

I have been reading up cuz i have had cramps since i found out on sunday when i go :bfp: and it is normal and can come and go for a long time as long as there is no bleeding when you have the cramps every thing is fine if you do spot or bleed go to the doctors and make them see you :)

I think you sound pretty normal! Good luck with the move - just in time for Canadian winter :laugh2:

Awww I am sorry you cant see a doc yet hun but I am sure all is well. When I cough or sneeze or move a certain way I get that harsh ripping feeling. It's youre legements stretching. Hubby and I might be moving out that way in less then a year. He finishes school and wants a job out west because they pay fitter welders well.

Hi Twist

I don't think you have anything to worry about with the pains. Make sure that on your flight back to Canada you get some DVT stockings as there is a higher risk of deep vein thrombosis in pregnancy. You need to walk around a lot whilst flying and drink lots of water too.

Yeah I keep getting the ripping pains too. My breast and Nips are sore and tingly and VERY ichy. It all sounds li8ke good normal signs to me!

Its all VERY normal hun, I know its scary and its prolly cause you havent seen a doctor and your feeling guilty for it, but hey with the way this year has gone, november 1st is around the corner.

Goodluck with the move and be careful packing everything your pregnant and need to take care of you and bubs

Thank you all sooooo much, Here what you have to say really does relax me!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!

:hug::hug::hug:

Yep I had the pains lower in my belly too when I coughed, sneezed or turned over in bed too quickly although the pain from coughing and sneezing seems to have died down a bit now... all coughing does now is make me gag :cry:

The only time I was asked about brest tenderness was at my first mw appointment but she just said 'good, that's all normal'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->