Just need to get it out!

ttc126

Mom of Boys
Reaction score
I just needed to vent for a minute. I don't have anyone in real life to talk to about it right now. I have a just turned 2 year old and an almost 8 month old. My period is late. We are waiting to try for #3 right now and just using condoms. I'm 5 days later than my shortest cycle in the past 5 months, 3 days later than average, and 2 days past the longest.

I'd be so thrilled if we were pregnant but at the same time a bit nervous as I'm on a steroid treatment for some back problems and wouldn't ever ttc on this medication. Just needed to vent. I know the only way to tell is to take a test....I just need someone to tell me it's not stupid to buy one!

It is absolutely not stupid to buy a test! Using condoms it clearly isn't likely that you are pregnant but if I was on a medication like that I would want to know as soon as possible :flower: :hugs:

Not stupid at all!! I would buy a test and would want/need to know myself especially since you're on the medication. Could the steroids be affecting AF though?

Thank you guys. You're right I need to just go buy a test. I am not sure if the steroids could be affecting anything. It's a very low dose and I took it for a couple days at the beginning of my cycle and now again at the end. I'm sure that's what is affecting it now that you mention it. That's the only change I know of.

Thank you! As much as I would've welcomed a surprise, I tested and bfn :( I don't know why I'm a little sad. I think I'm just REALLY looking forward to ttc again! But one main goal of waiting is getting my back into shape and that is important! Good luck to you ladies in the tww ;)

So my period is still missing and I was up 4 times to pee last night. I tried to think if I drank more than usual but I don't think so. I guess I could test again in a few days if I need to?

I would definitely try testing again maybe in a day or two? AF was late for me last month but, I chalked it up to a stressful month at work and trying to find a new place to live.

It finally came this morning lol :) Glad I didn't waste any more tests ;)

Aww, sorry but, at least now you get to look forward to a new cycle. Good luck!

Thank you! I should be ovulating today or tomorrow. Hoping his "boys" are there waiting. We BD Monday so, FX.

No, not long at all. This is our third cycle of trying. We're taking a relaxed approach. I'm not temping or using OPK's. I use my period app to kind of assume when I'm ovulating.

How about you?

Nice! :) I hope you have luck very soon! Will this be your first?

We're not quite trying yet :) We plan to officially ntnp in November but in the heat of the moment who knows if we'll continue to faithfully prevent :) My youngest was a c section not quite 8 months ago so I'm trying to take time to heal fully and everything. I think it would be ideal to fall in November and have a nice close age gap again (first 2 are 16 months apart and I've loved it). I don't want to use opk or anything this time and just loosely time for ovulation. I want to enjoy ttc this time instead of stressing :)

This would be our first. I apologize, you did say you weren't trying but, not preventing. That would be a great age gap! November will be here before we know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->