just need to vent

awefulfeeling

Reaction score
soo this weekend I get an upsetting phone call from my mom yelling at me about what I said to my brothers wife. NOTHING!!! except the conversations her and I held regarding my pregnancy, my sister inlaw sent me emails everyday asking me about my pregnancy ect. she also jumped on the baby shower yelling she needed to plan it blah blah...

So my mom tells me that my sister inlaw's (who is 26 going on 27 in 3 days) father stopped by my moms house yelling at my mom to stop rubbing my pregnancy in his daughters face!! That she can't get pregnant and it is very upsetting to her ect. Never allowed my mom to speak to try and explain that his daughter is the one who has come to us pretending to be excited and wanting to handle the shower.

I'm so pissed off at her that I don't know how to control the anger, I sent her an email expressing my feelings and she said it was hurtful... I'm very sorry that they can't get pregnant I can't imagine how that feels which I also expressed in my email.

Am I right? shouldn't she have talked to me, and if it were that hurtful would she really have made her self that much apart of the pregnancy?

It may sound horrible but I feel like she did this to get attention. :baby:

Sounds like she did it for attention to me, too.

I don't think you were wrong to express your feelings. I'd just not talk to her for a bit, cool off a little.

So rude of her to pretend to be exciting and have her father yell at your mother. Why couldn't he go to you? Seeing as how you're the one that's the big meanie.

You have every right to be upset. If it was bothering her she should have said something to you before saying something to her dad, and she shouldn't have made herself so involved if it was going to be that painful for her.

And I agree 100 %, it seems like she is just trying to get attention.

....whoa.

That seems very attention seekerish. I had alot of problems getting pregnant it took almost a year and a few losses, but never would i obsess over someone elses pregnancy and then whinge to my family how SHE is rubbing it in my face, I'm just hoping her dad got it all wrong and was being a silly over protective sod, cause shouting at your mum is bang out of order to start with, he shouldve gone to her like an ADULT to talk about this....

Im really confused, why would she ask about your pregnancy and ask to plan the baby shower blah blah if you were trying to rub it in her face. Tell you the truth I think it sounds like she did it on purpose, to say that your rubing it in her face or shes jealous because she cant get pregnant. I do think it is to get attention. :hug: I dont see how it is your fault that she cant get pregnant. If anything she should be happy to have a niece that she can spoil.

Aww that is awful.. I think its for attention as well if shes taking away from your pregnancy and happiness because she is unhappy. Thats not nice and I feel for those who can't get pregnant or can't get pregnant right away and the struggles they have. Though I don't think its right for them to throw it up and make others unhappy about whats supposed to be a joyous time. I hope she gets her emotions settled and I hope you guys can work it all out. As I am sure its partly jealously and part painful. I think she meant well but her emotions tied to not being able to be pregnant took over. GL sweetie!

I'm so glad to read what I'm reading, I was starting to feel down on myself bc of my email but I knew I wasn't wrong. I feel the same way, she shouldn't have made her self apart of my pregnancy if it were that hurtful to her.
And for her dad to yell at my mom, I just couldn't believe it. Thank you for the support!!! I sure needed it!!!

....whoa.

That seems very attention seekerish. I had alot of problems getting pregnant it took almost a year and a few losses, but never would i obsess over someone elses pregnancy and then whinge to my family how SHE is rubbing it in my face, I'm just hoping her dad got it all wrong and was being a silly over protective sod, cause shouting at your mum is bang out of order to start with, he shouldve gone to her like an ADULT to talk about this....

congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you and glad to hear you didn't give up... baby will be well loved and you'll be a GREAT mommy!!

I feel the exact same and Glad to get someones opinion who has experienced it!
Thank you!

Hope the matter gets cleared up soon and your mother heard an apology from him!

Aww that is awful.. I think its for attention as well if shes taking away from your pregnancy and happiness because she is unhappy. Thats not nice and I feel for those who can't get pregnant or can't get pregnant right away and the struggles they have. Though I don't think its right for them to throw it up and make others unhappy about whats supposed to be a joyous time. I hope she gets her emotions settled and I hope you guys can work it all out. As I am sure its partly jealously and part painful. I think she meant well but her emotions tied to not being able to be pregnant took over. GL sweetie!

Thank you, I feel the same and if I knew before her problems with getting pregnant I wouldn't have even allowed her to get that involved. I thought about it and if the shoe were on the other foot and I couldn't get pregnant I know although I'd be happy and excited for them I would need to stay away bc it would be upsetting. Thats why I was sooo confused!

Thank you!

well, i think that before jumping to conclusions, you should verify that your sister-in-law actually said all that, and that it wasn't in fact her father interpreting his daughter's feelings. I know some people who just love to deform the facts which is why I take almost all secondhand information with a grain of salt. I hope she didn't say that because if she did, she sounds extremely two-faced. I suspect an over-protective and over-reactive father instead.

well, i think that before jumping to conclusions, you should verify that your sister-in-law actually said all that, and that it wasn't in fact her father interpreting his daughter's feelings. I know some people who just love to deform the facts which is why I take almost all secondhand information with a grain of salt. I hope she didn't say that because if she did, she sounds extremely two-faced. I suspect an over-protective and over-reactive father instead.

Thank you, but my mom actually talked to my brother and he told my mom that she did talk to her parents about the issues but her father wasn't suppose to go over there and talk to them about it. She wouldn't answer her phone when they tried calling her so they had to talk to my brother. She has always started drama but I stood up for her because she was my brothers wife so even if he didn't tell that to my parents I would have believed it. for some reason she has never wanted to be apart of our family like we've tried taking her in as one.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->