Just need to whine...1st tri m/s has me down

Eurydice

Reaction score
I just need to put it out there and hear from other nausea sufferers... I know there are others out there going through the same or worse but I feel really isolated with this right now. Some days it's just so hard. I had to take off of work on Tuesday because every time I stood up, I felt like I was going to vomit. Still feeling that way. The only things I can really stomach right now are a yellow split pea dish and some meats. And almonds, but those are borderline.

Thankfully my husband has been amazing about helping me with our 16 mo old, and we have a babysitter for the days I work. But it also breaks my heart to not have any energy to play with him and enjoy all the cute things he does, and watch the babysitter whirl him around with him laughing and laughing when I can't move from the couch. I know it's temporary and I just have to get through it, but the day to day is hard. I just feel like I am existing, with little quality of life to speak of. I know others have it worse and with my son it was actually much worse, but knowing that doesn't make this experience any easier.

I'm exactly the same, I'm so sick I'm useless! I miss playing with my girls, I miss running, I miss keeping my house tidy...... I feel really down too.

I have to say though that I'm not as bad this time as I was last time, when I was pregnant with my second I was so upset that I couldn't play with my daughter and felt so guilty as we had chosen to have another child. That lasted until the moment my eldest daughter met her little sister :) I videoed it and it was the most amazing moment, just live at first sight. I keep this in mind when I'm feeling down now, giving a child a sibling is such a great gift :) xxx

I Can sympathise with you it's horrible. I have hyperemesis and feel so alone sometimes. Lifting my head makes me want to vomit. I'm only 6w4d and had 1 hospital admission already.

I found having a good support network helps make things easier. I do struggle looking after my other two children age 4 and 2 and feel so guilty when I can't do things with them.

This is my 3rd pregnancy with hyperemesis and can defiantly say it will be my last.

Hang in there it's all so worth it in the end that's what I have to keep telling my self. I also find talking to people going through the same thing helped me a lot in my pregnancies.

I get it. Most of the time I feel useless too. Today is shockingly a good day so I am taking advantage (not overdoing it though) and cleaning my house (though I should be studying for a test). I do 3-6hrs of home health care a week (if that) so I am really not working. I lost my job due to the severe morning sickness. They said I was too sick and didn't think I could do my job how they wanted it done(I was within 90 days). So I am concentrating on finding a more perm. part time job and getting through this semester at school!

Im glad im not the only one. About 6 weeks and thr last few days has been horrible only a few hours in a day i feel somewhat normal but most of the time nausea has overcome me. I have woken up in themiddle of the night having to eat crackers so i dont puke!

I was just like you until my 9th week. It's only bothersome now when I have an empty stomach. So I've been carrying around crackers and fig bars to help stave it off. I hope you get some relief soon! Peppermint tea was and still is a big help to me, possibly you could try it as well?

Oh, honey, I am feeling you. I get very low moods if I can't keep busy. I need to clean my room to make room for baby but I am just so exhausted and sick that it just isn't possible right now. I have clinical depression and being active is one of my key methods of keeping my moods elevated. Being ill I just can't do what I usually do. I miss painting, drawing, all that. I know I'll get to do it all again and that actually, yes, I am VERY busy growing a human being right now, that's important stuff.

Glad I'm not alone in this though. Solidarity to the Chunderbunch.

I am so glad I found this post! I'm about 7 weeks with my 3rd and feeling like rubbish and not really able to do anything. Luckily my 2 are quite good at occupying each other. I'm just getting by doing the bare minimum and promising myself I'll catch up when I'm feeling better, although my ironing pile will be the size of mount Everest by then!

I am 8w3d and it has been rough. I have hyperemesis and have been on zofran without much luck since week 5. I have a 4 and 2 year old who miss their old mommy who played with them and took care of them. Now I just lay in bed and try to keep down as much as I can, which some days isn't much. I have always wanted 4 kids, but if someone asked me right now if I could do this again my answer would be no. It is so hard and so tiring and so depressing to just survive each day, I am hoping to get some relief around 20 weeks like I did with my second. I am down about 10 pounds already and often times feel weak. I haven't needed fluids which is the only blessing I can see at this point. You will get through this and you are strong, just remember it is only temporary!

Aww it's just awful isn't it. This is my 3rd with hyperemesis but so far this has been my easiest pregnancy.

I started 2 different sickness meds at 5 weeks before I even started to feel ill i feel this has really helped me.

I'm 7 weeks (so still early days) and still feel pretty rubbish like I could vomit any min but coping a lot better this time round.

I'm also pretty lucky that my other 2 children are good at occupying them selfs. I just hope that it doesn't last long this time :-(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->