Just ovulated CD 40!!!!????

t161tanya161

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I've just joined as I need to vent.i just don't know what's going on. I had my first baby back in January, she was a clomid baby due to PCOS. I ovulated on day 20 for her. we have been TTC no2 since June with no luck. The last 2 cycles I took 100mg clomid again but my day 21 progesterone showed I hadn't ovulated and the doctor says I'm now clomid resistant. I've just been accepted onto a trial of injectables which is a result as we won't have to pay anything!
Anyway, I got what I thought was my period on Monday. I bled lightly for 2 days, and it didn't feel like af so I did a preg test, it was negative. So I did 2 ovulation tests, both different brands and both were positive, it's day 40!!! I also got EWCM. I'm pretty sure I did ovulate.
I was just wondering if any of you ladies have ever conceived after ovulation as late as day 40? Also I have now read that if you do conceive there is a really high chance of MC or possibly having a baby with chromosomal abnormalities. I'm kind if regretting BD'Ing now, I'm scared its all going to end badly.
Any success stories will be much appreciated.
Thank you :) xxxx

I ovulated on CD 47 the cycle I got pregnant with my daughter!! She's now a very healthy almost 7 month old!! This time I ovulated on CD 33 and i'm just over 6 weeks pregnant!! I don't think any of that stuff is true about ovulating late, I think when your body is ready to be pregnant, it will get pregnant and do whatever it takes to sustain that pregnancy!! As long as your LP is a good length, I don't think you have anything to worry about!!

Wow congratulations on your 2nd BFP! It's so good to hear that you conceived late both times. You will be one busy lady once the new baby arrives, how exciting!
Thanks so much for your reassurance, it's nice to know I'm not the only one. Just tying not to get my hopes up now.... It's going to be a long 2ww! Xxx

Thanks!! This one is actually going to be my third!! I have a 20 month old son (conceived on CD 18), an almost 7 month old daughter and 6 weeks pregnant with number 3!! Definitely going to be a busy momma but what's meant to be will be, right!? I think conceiving on a long cycle is actually pretty common and I really don't think it makes a difference on whether you ovulated CD 14 or CD 40, as long as the baby has time to implant, there shouldn't be any reason for things to go wrong!!

Ahhhh that's so lovely, all your babies will be the best of friends, how is it having two with a short age gap? We want our babies to be as close together as poss like you. I hope what I'm reading is all rubbish, if you are anything to go by it deffo is. I think so many doctors just want you to conform to the "normal" 28 day cycle but we might be "normal" too with having longer ones xx

I couldn't agree more!! It's absolutely AMAZING having them so close!! They already have such a strong bond, we love it!! We all adjusted quite well, it was an easy transition for my oldest as he was still young enough, he didn't really care that there was a new baby, he would just come give her a kiss every now and again!! I wouldn't change it for the world!!

I concieved my daughter on CD83....

Shes a perfecty healthy almost 4 year old :)
Perfect pregnancy and perfect natural birth....

Hope you get your bfp!!

I've been wondering about this too. I'm TTC #1, so don't have any experience with this yet, but I have long cycles. I'm set to ovulate between CD 36-40 this time around, and was feeling a little nervous about egg quality. I love hearing these stories about healthy late ovulation babies!!!

I ovd and conceived on CD44 last time, I'm not on month 7 TTC num 2 CD54 I think and don't believe FF when it says I have ovd. I too have pros and would give anything to Ov right now.

I have no idea! Only been charting the last two cycles as we didn't want the stress this time round, well after my cycles ranging from 33-61 days we decided I should chart. I'm currently CD57 and haven't ovd yet, last cycle it was CD34 with an 11day LP. I'm considering getting soy to try, started this cycle with AC but stopped after I got the second lot of pos OPK's (I wasn't temping for a few days) and haven't carried on with it. I might start it again though. I've also tried Metformin twice this cycle but bother the standard and slow release versions upset my tummy big style so had to stop those.

I'm with you, hate PCOS :( xxx

Hi ladies!
Just an update for you (if you care!) lol
I went for my first appointment today at the fertility clinic. I have been accepted on to the LOGO study which is looking at giving people with PCOS who don't respond a smaller dose of FSH to try and reduce the risk of multiples. So I'm getting a whole injectables cycle for free, I can't believe how lucky I am. Anyway while I was there I has to have bloods, a smear test and an internal ultra sound and to my surprise I have just ovulated! So I deffo am in the 2ww! The ov test wasn't lying to me. He also said it didn't matter that is was day 40 when I ovulated as I don't have regular cycles anyway. Apparently my womb lining is nice and thick so I'm hoping soooooooooo much I get my BFP!
Laura, keep positive, you can ovulate late on as I have! I really hope you O soon :) xxx
Xxx

Oh that's exciting news!! Hopefully you caught that lil eggy and don't have to go through the injections!! Good luck and keep us posted!!

Fx! Keep us posted!!

CD59 and still waiting here! Started on multivitamin today incase of low iron preventing AF. Very crampy the last few days too. We shall see!

Really sharp cramps tonight, cervix high and open, fxd this is it!! Xxx

I'm ok thanks, I'm also a bit crampy... Don't know if its a good or bad thing! I just hope AF isn't on her way!
How old is your LO? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->