Just really scared myself *Warning- not nice natured stuff*

Angel2Fire

Reaction score
I just read somewhere that masterbation can induce miscarrages... don't know if it's true I can't really bear to read anymore. I came across this page randomly telling people how to make themselves have an abortion. I want to cry. I really don't know how much is true but it was saying things like eating pineapple can do it, vitamin C and some other herbs...

Now I'm really scared. I am guessing that if this information is true then it needs to be certain foods in very large amounts, but I'm really scared now, I feel like not eating anything just incase :(

I'm going to go with this being BS. Sex is safe during pregnancy and masturbation is really no different :\ DON'T WORRY!

+ the old wives tales like pineapple, curry etc etc don't make baby come out until they're ready. It doesn't induce labour randomly, just helps it along when baby is cooked!

really dont wrry...for example you would have to eat sooooo many pinapples for it to induce labour its not likely and even then it would only work if baby was ready to come anyway.

As for masterbation...what a load of crap!

Nope, I'm afraid all those things you've mentioned are old wives tales.

Orgasm and getting excited can give you Braxton Hicks contractions which are harmless....you would only get real contractions if your body was going into labour anyway.

Stop fretting...I'd be more worried about hairy palms:rofl:

Dunno about masturbation but there are foods/herbs that can caused miscarriage. For example rosemary oil is bad. This is not in the quantities of eating rosemary in food so there's no need to worry but in larger quantities it can cause miscarriage. Back in the day (as far back as the Romans and no doubt beyond) people used to take herbs like this in teas or oils (more potent) to get rid of unwanted pregnancies.

If you look at aromatherapy pages you will get info on what oils to avoid during pregnancy. I think Lavendar oil might be one for the early months but can't remember others.

Essential oils yes, actual foods no. Like I think you can eat lavender O.O

There's a lot of BS on the internet so try not to scare yourself with it. There can be some small truth behind certain rumours but if something really carries a significant risk of miscarriage you will hear about it from your healthcare providers or on trustworthy websites (eg NHS sites). Certainly don't go by the word of a website that is giving tips on how to induce spontaneous abortion. As Blah11 said, if sex is ok then masturbation is ok.
Lx

That's a bunch of rubbish.

Quoted from about.com, "In general, orgasms are very good for you and baby! When you have an orgasm the baby is unaware of what you are doing, but does experience the euphoric hormone rush that you will experience."

I just read somewhere that masterbation can induce miscarrages...

It's absolutly not true. If it was, don't you think lots of MWs, doctors and books would mention it? Orgasms are supposed to be good for your baby. Try not to get carried away reading scaremonger websites on the net. You can find anything on the internet if you look hard enough.

Perfectly safe hun, trust me. ;)

As for the foods, I do know that some foods arn't good or whatever... but that's your choice. So long as you're eating healthy everything with your lo should be fine. :hugs:

thats why internet sites are a bad bad thing... i read too much google, and end up causing myself to panic!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"