Just spent day in Hospital

bexxie

Reaction score
Well where do i start?

Couple of weeks ago I thought my waters had broken in tesco's and went to hospital only for them to say they were bulging but they reckon babe had pressed on bladder,i was 31 weeks 5 days and measuring 33 weeks.

Today as I am 34 weeks went for a routine midwfe appointment whoasked about previous mention hospital trip so I said I have pads on and is only trickling a little each day,well wish I had kept quiet! She then measured me and exclaimed i was now measuring 30 weeks at a push (I measured and it was 37 :? ) so i was to go to hospital NOW,good grief what a palaver.

So off I go and get there and Yes may be a tear in the waters but hard for them to tell,but things look ok so they then re-measured and I am 100 % 32 weeks CM's for my 34 weeks dates,confused you bet I am.

I was told to watch out for the leaking and baby seems a good size despite small measurements and to see what CM's I am at 36 weeks,I have had enough,I am now sore ans sick of being pulled about,that speculum thing is enough to put me off for life :roll: Bloody hurt.

Well I have had an eventful day what about you guy's?

Aww no, you take it easy now Bexxie :hugs:

Cx

Blooming heck, how eventfull!

Dont worry about the small measurments, when my midwifes were examining me through the last weeks and having a good feel, they all kept telling me to expect a small baby, and Noah popped out at 9lb7oz!

Are they going to be cheking on you regularly to make sure you have enough fluids? and are they giving you any sort of anti biotics to help minimise risk of infection?

they said they would check me out at my 36 week appt,and as waters are bulging and they cant see if they are broken ( :roll: ) they told me to get in touch if i think they have gone. They admitted they thnk I may have a tiny hole in the back waters (i think they said back) but it could repair itself,they said if front waters had gone then either antibiotics or well i would be having her I guess.?

They werent all that clear with me to be honest and I am just fed-up with one thing after another going on,last night i felt like i was having contractions with pain and all but Dave reasoned it was prob the pulling about down there.

Anyway not long and hopefully my next measurement will be spot on.

Bex

With Ella some weeks I measured bigger for my dates and others smaller, it all depended on how she was lying at the time.

Doesn't sound like you had much fun :( Internals are horrid you poor thing :(

Hope you're resting up and taking it easy :hugs

Yeah fundus measurements arnt that accurate, mine were spot on normally but then had a big baby. I think so long as they are within 3cm of your dates either side (so if you 32weeks they should be within 29 - 35cm) thats okay, its if its more or less either side they check you out.

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad couple of days. Hope everything settles down and lo stays put for a few more weeks.

aww bex i hope everything is ok wont be long till baby is here take care spunky xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->