• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Just started weaning 4mth old baby, any1 else going thru same?

ClaireRJM

Reaction score
My baby girl is 4mths & started her with a few teaspoons of cow n gate baby rice after her tea time milk. Still has 7oz feeds morning, lunch, tea & b4 bed...U get loads of different advice about weaning its all a bit confusing. I found cow n gate website & hipp.co.uk really helpful.

I'm confused over when to start givin rice on other feeds, when to lower formula, some say give rice then milk where other say milk first...argh!!

Last weogh in she was 14lb 2oz...sleeps approx 8-9 hrs per night...Hows others gettng on? xx

hi lexie is 4 months too and she has been weaned for last 3 weeks, i gave up trying to find which advice was right and follow lexies lead. If she is too hungry she gets upset having food first so in the morning she has a bottle then her food but then at dinner time she has her food and then her bottle.
sorry i am not much help but i am just playing a guessing game lol
xx

meeee tooooo

Just tried with the baby rice but Mylo didnt care for that much.
So tried the cow and gate fruity porridge and he liked it more. Ate more of it.. about 4 teaspoons in total I think. He still gags sometimes as he is still learning the feeling of thicker paste/lumps in his mouth. but he is swallowing and its getting better everytime I try. I have only done it the last 3/4 days.. and at about 12noon. But today I was gonna try after his bath and see if he sleeps longer. Cos he only sleeps 4 hours a night MAX usually after 6am waking every 2. :(

Porridge is great to start as it actually tastes ok (rice is yukky) just make sure you get the one that says 4mth + as it doesnt have gluten in :)

hi there, im going thru the same, been giving my lo porridge for breakfast (usually the 9-10am feed) some, rice or a fruit for lunch and just milk the other feeds at the mo.
Sometimes hes really hungry and will not take the food, so what I do is, give him his milk first, then leave about an oz, give him his food then give him the rest of his milk.xx

I give Alex his milk first as apparently its more important they have that but every baby is different.

Go with what works for you and your baby x

Also i give ALex a carton of hungry baby milk at bed time which seems to work for him.

Hello, Oliver has been having solids for about 3 weeks now, (he's 20 wks), taken really well to it, give him his morning feed around 7ish, some homemade puree about 11 with a bottle after, another ff about 2ish than yoghurt and water about 3. Finally another ff about 7 before bed. He's been sleeping through since about 9 weeks so have no problems there. I go with what he wants but also been reading Annabel Karmels's weaning guides. Doing it slowly as i kinda like the idea of BLW, didn't really know about it until i mooched around on here!!
x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"