Just starting out...

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by miss charlie, Oct 6, 2008.

1. miss charlie

miss charlie 1st timester

My partner and i have decided to start TTC so I have literally just stopped taking the pill...I was on Microgynon for 8 years and then Cilest for 2 years.

I had my bleed as usual and have not started the next pack.

I know it will take some time for the hormones from the pill to get out my system and for my own cycle to start back up but how will I know when I am actually ovulating and menstuating (rather than the breakthrough bleeding of the pill) again?

2. Angel21

Angel21 Mummy to Joseph and Jacob

Hi miss charlie and welcome! I came off the pill in August, was on Femodene, and had been on one pill or the other for over 11 years. I had my withdrawel bleed 4 days after the last pack, as usual, (used condoms the first month to sus out cycle) then I had spotting at 28 days after the first day of last period (the pill one) then cycle day 31 came on properly for about 2 days, then spotted again for a bit....
    As far as ovulation goes, I got a clearblue ovulation pack, and started testing on cycle day 10, got a positive for my hormone surge on cycle day 13, so I would've probably ovulated on day 14/15...I definately recomend the kits.
    I am now on cycle day 23/9 days past ovulation and symptom watching.

Good luck, and much babydust x

3. miss charlie

Thanks.

I'm just trying to get my head around the whole process again, I start my periods when I was 14 and a half went on the pill and 15 and havent ever really had a proper cycle to speak of!!

Will the next bleed I get be more likely to be pill withdrawal or real menstruation?

4. Sparklebaby

Sparklebaby Mummy to Jenny

cant help honey as I came off mine 7yrs ago and wasnt really bothered about what was happening as wasnt trying but welcome and good luck! xxxx :hugs:

5. Angel21

If you've already bled after your last pack of the pills it will be a "natural" period. I didn't know what my body would do, I went on the pill at 15 to sort out my heavy periods.
    You start to notice more about your body....it's like the pill numbs you!

6. miss charlie

Its going to be a case of wait and see isnt it??

Gawd I teach kids about the menstrual cycle a whole bunch as a science teacher but I've never really thought about it as much in my life as I have this past weekend!!

7. lisalove

lisalove Well-Known Member

Welcome...

All I can say is that I was on Depo (contraceptive injection) for over 10 years and it took over a year for my to have my first :witch:. After that it was 22/23 day cycle but who knows if or when I OV.

I have gone on to have 2 lovely bundles and hope to have #3 soon.

So fingers crossed your cycle will sort itself out soon, in the mean time get lots of :sex:.. Its not all bad, there are worse things.

Have some fun & lots of :rofl: too
    xx

8. miss charlie

Micrgynon certainly did...I didnt realise it was so awful until talking to a friend who had changed pills!! Mind you I had a regime that meant I only had 4 periods a year (like the 'seasonale' pill regime in the states) so I was filled to the brim with hormones and probably wouldnt have noticed what my body was telling me if I tried to look!

When I changed to Cilest I started to become much more aware of my own body...even though it has meant more cramp and mood swings!

In one way I am looking forward to having a proper cycle back (well for a little while at least!) so I know what my body is up to, BUT on the other hand I have always liked the certainty of being on the pill, the clockwork like regualrity with which the whole repugnant process of having periods worked - it made it a bit more bearable!

9. Angel21

I know what you mean...I also got my sex drive back after coming off them. My DH was lucky if he had it once a week when I was on them, and now he can't handle me :rofl:

10. Jai_Jai

Jai_Jai Mummy to my Jellies

welcome and fingers crossed!!! you know u become fertile as soon as u come off the pill, I missed a pill and fell PG when I was younger, unfortunately mc at 11 1/2 wks so there is hope hunny, alot of ppl get pg straight away (in my experiences with family and friends) but then others take a while to get there regulation back before even conceiving - I hope you are the type to get a quick :bfp: will be keeping you in prayers this month - :dust: for you xxxxxxxx

11. miss charlie

Well heres hoping it happens quickly...we're getting married next october...and although it seems likely I will pregnant braide I'd rather not be heavily pregnant bride who is struggling to waddle up/down the aisle!!!

...I know I know we probably should wait until later next year until TTC but hey my fella can be quite persuasive.

12. Starbright

Starbright Well-Known Member

Oh yeah me too! My DH keeps making out like i've turned into an insatiable sexaholic! lol :rofl:

Good luck Miss Charlie. :hug:
    I've just come off microgynon too and am waiting for my first af.
    xxx

13. miss charlie

I hope I get a bit of a boost to my sex drive!! The microgynon absolutely killed it hence changing to Cilest...but the other half seems to have a much higher sex drive than me at the moment so a bit of a boost by coming off the pill can only be a good thing!