Just starting TTC

hopedance

Sam's mum and pregnant
Reaction score
This is the first month that DH and I are TTC. I've been waiting forever for this, and thought I was so prepared, but I'm certain now that I'm forgetting something!

No alcohol, I don't smoke, I'm taking vitamins with folic acid, and have read up on what not to eat (and put the pate in the bin, doh).. Is there anything else I should be doing or not doing??

I got AF on 23rd October, and my last cycle was 35 days long, after a long gap of no bleeds at all while having the implant in. So if I assume - no, HOPE that my cycle will be similar again (I used to have long cycles before the implant, and very irregular - sometimes only one AF every 3 months or so!), should I be expecting to ovulate around the 11th November - day 21? DH and I are going to aim to BD every other day all through the month anyway.

Do you think it would be wise to get an OPK?

We are only going to be trying this month, and if I get a BFN we are going to take a break and wait until May to try again. Reason is, I'm at university still, and finish in May, and I'm worried about morning sickness.. but we figured if I got a BFP this morning, most of the time when morning sickness is common would fit into my ridiculously long Christmas break!! So I really REALLY want that BFP this month!!!!

Any tips from you TTC-pros would be really awesome! :hug:

It wouldn't hurt to use a opk if you can afford them. It sounds like you are prepared. Just make sure you have fun! Good luck!

Hi hopedance, we're just about to start trying and i'm ovulating this weekend! I've also started taking supplements and so so so hope to be pregnant before xmas. Not long so wishful thinking, i know! x

Sounds like you planned well, OPKs wouldn't hurt, tho. Good luck and tons of :dust:

all i want for christmas is a positive on that stick!!!

thanks everyone. :D I bought a mix of OPKs and PTs on ebay, and some pre-seed. i had never heard of this pre-seed stuff before reading about it in someone's BFP thread, but i don't think it cant be a bad thing! i spotted a thread on it just a second ago, so i'm going to go and read up about the best time to use it!

Everything you are doing is perfect. Only time will tell, just test for O whenever you want and/or see signs that you might. Since you have an irregular cycle I would continue to BD every other day until the witch comes or you get a BFP.
Be careful though because if you were to get your BFP now it might not mean m/s would end by the time you return from holiday break. With both pg I had early m/s and got it on and off until near the end of my pregnancy. Also both times around once I hit second trimester I was super tired. I also had moderate to severe risk pregnancies both times. With the first I am a carrier for the cystic fibrosis gene and had to go for all sorts of genetic testing and counseling, a cardiologist for heart problems, dermotologist because I developed a pregnancy rash and saw my OB every week from month 3 on for up and down BPs. With my second I was deemed high risk from the beginning due to conceiving so close to my previous pregnancy and went into PTL in Dec. when she was due in Feb. and was put on bedrest the end of Jan. I dont want to say this to stop you from trying but what might be considered norm may not always be for every pregnancy and I'd hate to see you getting sick or nodding off in classes or having to miss classes because you have to be seen more often than the normal pregnant women. Often women will say that their first pregnancy is a dream but as you can see that was not the case for me. There is no definate with any pregnancy and I dont want you to be prepared for one thing and have it the total opposite.

thanks for the heads up. I did ponder that and talk with DH about it a lot, but in the end we decided to take the risk. I hope if I get my BFP the pregnancy will be straightforward, but in the end, I will only need to be in classes for about 5 hours each week, so I figured I will just have to suck it up and do the work even if I feel ill. Here's for hoping that doesn't happen though!

Ah then 5 hours a week wont be too bad should you have an out of the norm pregnancy. GL then and I hope you catch that egg soon. If I was in your position even knowing my past I would still take the risk. IMO fertility came fade at any point in a woman's life for no known reason but school will always be there.

Good luck! This is my first time TTC as well. I bought an OPK and used it approx. when I knew I would be ovulating. But I'm a dope and read it wrong, I think. The next night I was still ovulating (so it said) but I feel good because DH and I BD'd both nights anyway. And we also BD'd twice at the beginning of the week, so hopefully all bases are covered.
I would love to get a BFP (which when I originally read it, assumed meant Big F'in Positive until I figured it out) our first try! We fly to New Jersey to my sister in law's wedding Friday morning, and that would be 15 DPO, so we SHOULD know by then. It would be fun to share while all the family is together, if my SIL is okay with it. But we'll see! I know the chances our first month are slim, but it's not on my time anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->