Just the baby blues or hormones?

Barefoot baby

Reaction score
Hi there, my beautiful baby boy was born on Saturday 28th May at 4.26 pm so he'll be 5 days today.

We had a very eventful labour having lots of medical intervention we never planned for so that was all a bit traumatic.

No complications after that thou, we struggled with breastfeeding to start and are just getting to grips with it all now.

Anyway when my amazing husband left me in the hospital I cried and cried and cried... It's not really stopped since :( I feel better during the day and manage to eat but come the evening I lose my appetite and feel so emotional, just want to cry constantly!

Obviously adjusting to having LO here is a big shock, I have quite a lot of support from family and friends so it's not like I'm alone and my fantastic husband is being exactly that totally fantastic.

Things that worry me are, LO is he ok, just worry about that all the time! About my husband going back to work, about being able to cope looking after my animals (lots of people helping at the mo).

:( I just wish I didn't cry!!! Xx

Hi there! I don't have a whole lot of advice but your post describes my feelings lately too and I wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I have been crying off and on for no reason. Last night I got into such a fit, it took everything in me to stop the crying. What made me feel worse was that I kept thinking "if only I could send him back..." which is obviously not what I really want. I am worrying almost nonstop about anything and everything and I feel like I am never going to get the hang of motherhood. Lots of :hugs: to you!

sounds normal. i was tearful and down for a month after hard labour and EMCS. Luckily it slowly went away. gve yurself sometime xxx

I was very moody and tearful during the 5 days we were in the hospital after my c-section, then have done much better since getting home (though I definitely have my emotional moments!) Part of it for me, I think, was that I couldn't get any sleep in the hospital, between the baby and nurses/doctors checking on me frequently. Part of it was feeling trapped in the hospital and just wanting to be home. And part was hormones.

I'd say if it continues beyond a few weeks, maybe talk to your doctor.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

You're totally normal and it's probably a bit of both, which is to be expected. If it makes you feel better, the day after my LO's birth, I cried so hard at one point that the woman I roomed with got scared and called the nurse to come in and help me. Then the nurses called the doctor to come in and tell me everyone goes through this feeling.

It'll get better. :) Remember don't be too hard on yourself.

I cried so hard after my daughter was born, shes now just over 2 weeks old and i still have my occaisional wobble, but the first days were awful, it seemed like every1 else was normal and I was in a dream and I couldnt see things getting any better. But one day I realised I hadnt cried. It does go away and it is normal. I have no support really, no one visits or anything now and oh is very selfish. I do all the nights alone and its very tiring, plus i have my other little girl to look sfter, but tbh she helps me loads bless her. I hope you feel better soon. :flower:

It is entirely normal hun, on day 4 or 5 in particular I was so anxious I felt like I was having a break down! It passed. Keep an eye on it though, if the feelings carry on then please speak to your mw or hv or doctor x

As all the other ladies have said, its all normal, i cried every day for the first 2-3 weeks, i thought i was going mad. I used to worry constantly about LO, I would hardly sleep as i would keep waking up to check if he was still breathing. I lost my appertite and could hardly eat.
It took me 6 weeks until i got into a proper routine, the first few weeks are so hard but it will get easier.
If you still feel like this in a few weeks then definatly speak to your doctor xxx

The first 2 weeks I found quite hard to get a grip on my hormones. The stress of a horrid labour combined with sore breasts, sleep deprivation, exhaustion, hormonal imbalances, episiotomy pain and the realisation my life had changed forever made me feel very low. I had crying episodes quite a lot.
It does get better!! you heal, you start to get more sleep, you get into a routine and your hormones settle down a bit x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->