• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Just thought I'd introduce myself!

Bema1992

Me, DH, 2 Boston Terriers
Reaction score
Hi! My name is Monica and I just turned 31. I've been married for almost 4 years (together over 6) and we have no children yet but we do have two awesome Boston Terriers.

I'm currently in the middle of an "oops"/"scare?" (I started my pill pack late then missed a couple and ovulated so I stopped them halfway through in case I might be/become pregnant) and I'm going to be testing again on 7/13 after getting several (most likely indents) on some FRERs a few days ago. I originally thought I ovulated 6/25-6/26 (I had a TON of EWCM for 2-3 days) but after going back through my symptoms (EWCM, a blaring positive OPK on 7/2 plus little crampies/twinges and a lot of boob/nipple pain and sensitivity), I think I may have actually ovulated around 7/2-7/3 and we DTD on both days, so maybe this will be my month (a little earlier.. but it would be a nice surprise for the both of us!).

Despite this month, we decided to officially start TTC 9/2018 once we are finished with our move (unfortunately a family member recently passed away and left us her fully paid for house and we are going to be done moving in by 7/21). We had originally planned on waiting until 12/2018 to TTC but I talked the hubs down :happydance:. I tried to talk him into immediately TTC but he was being stubborn so I'm trying to respect that but it's hard :growlmad:.

One scary thing I feel like I should share (although it is very personal and I'm really nervous about any judgments although I hope there aren't any) is that in 9/2011, I became pregnant with my terribly abuse ex-boyfriend that I was separating from. I was on the pill at the time and taking it religiously but missed my period and had a blaring BFP the day after my period was due. It was painstaking, but after a couple weeks (and a couple failed visits to the clinic - I was a crying mess and they offered to reschedule a couple of times which I took them up on), I decided to chemically terminate as I didn't trust him around a child and I didn't want to be linked to him for life as he was just a HORRENDOUS person. I was 6-7 weeks and my levels were in the mid-1000's at mid week 5 and they saw nothing on the 6 week ultrasound, so I'm not sure if it would have ended well anyways... my first beta was 152 at 4 weeks and the doctor who drew the beta said that was way too low but I have no idea on that. Anyways, my ex-boyfriend literally stalked and threatened me for a year after I moved out and would come to my old job until my manager would throw him out and leave threatening notes on my car and even tried to follow me to my new home once. I think sometimes what could have been as my child would be 6 by now, but being free from him is the best gift I could ask for and at the time I was finishing my degree and working a crappy job (thankfully I have a great, reliable, flexible government job with great benefits now) and knew I would be entirely dependent on him for a while and the thought terrified me. Now I'm married to the love of my life and couldn't ask for a more dependable, helpful, caring, loving, doting partner - he really is everything I could hope for and more and has always been there for me through the best and worst of times and loves me so much and I love him! He even cooks :thumbup::happydance:!

Anyways, I just wanted to officially introduce myself and hopefully meet some ladies in the same/similar boat to me and join in on your journeys!

Hi Bema! Welcome. So sorry you had to deal with that abusive BF. So glad you are safe now and happy.

Hi Bema! Welcome. So sorry you had to deal with that abusive BF. So glad you are safe now and happy.

Thank you!! It's crazy how much life can change in just a few years.. I used to be in such a bad place near the end of college and now everything has changed.

I know what you mean. I was in a bad place for like 8 years and this year everything has gone the other way finally!

Welcome! You are courageous and STRONG! I hope you get a strong, healthy, sticky baby soon!

I’ve already run into you :) but hi! A “scare” last month lead OH and I to full on TTC. I have two of my own, he hasn’t any but wants one (ok, he wants two but will be happy with one lol). So here we are! :happydance:

Welcome! I’m so glad to hear you got away from your abusive ex and are in a much healthier and happier place now! All the best with TTC, this is a great place to pass the time on that journey (there’s no way of saying that without sounding cheesey but it’s true :haha:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"