Just want it to be over now :(

Pot_pie

Reaction score
I will try and keep this short.

Two days before Christmas, I discovered I was pregnant. The ClearBlue brand said "2 - 3 weeks". It was unplanned and I am 39. A week later I started to spot and this continued on and off and then I developed a wee infection. I am on antibiotics for that. On the way back from hols I started bleeding again and bled (when I wiped) for a week until Sunday night. I had an scan at the EPU last Tuesday where they discovered a sac measuring 5 weeks (behind my calculations) and no embryo. I took that to mean that it was failing (I've had cramps as well light bleeding so it's a given, right?), I'm just confused as to why I'm not bleeding, why the miscarriage is not continuing?? The last time I had one, I bled for a week or so in one continuous 'period'. I have another scan in two days time. What happens if it doesn't all come away? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks x

Hi, I know it's hard waiting for answers but I think you need to know results of second scan to say for sure xx

I had a MC in 2017 and for me I started bleeding and baby was already gone, only HCG in blood showed I'd even been pregnant the urine was negative. A day or 2 later everything cleared out in a heavy clotty painful period. Some people though have to have a D&C to clear out after a miscarriage as for whatever reason their body just doesn't do it itself.

I had a successful pregnancy a cycle later and had spotting, bleeding, cramping throughout the 1st trimester, the last time at 11wks5days, and baby was born healthy at 39 weeks.

Thinking of you at this difficult time xx

I'm not sure what happens as I haven't experienced a mc yet but I wanted you to know you're not alone.

I had a scan at 5+6 where there was just an empty sac so I was measuring about a week behind. I had another scan at 7+6 where there was a yolk and tiny fetal pole which was too small to see a heartbeat. So I'm now measuring about 2 weeks behind. It isn't possible for me to be so far behind as I took a test at 9dpo so I'm sure this isn't a healthy pregnancy but the doctor wouldn't confirm it yet because there was progression between scans. I have to wait until the 23rd for another scan. The wait is horrendous and painful. All my love to you xxx

I've had 6 miscarriages. With the majority I bled naturally within a week of it being confirmed by a scan.
My missed miscarriage I had an ultrasound that ended up needing a d&c at 8 weeks gestation.
My 3rd pregnancy I had an early scan that showed twins but the midwife said it didnt look promising. I had a follow up scan a week later. One baby had stopped growing and the other is now almost 16 years old.
Hopefully you get some answers soon x

Thank you for your kind words.

The bleeding has totally stopped (nothing since Sunday) and I've had no cramping since Monday. My follow-up scan is now next Weds (sigh :( )

I'm really hoping my body has reabsorbed it or is in the process of doing that. I have bled a bit, just not as much as I thought and nowhere near as much as last time - that was at 6w and technically (if I was still PG), I would now be 8 weeks I think.

I'm not sure what happens as I haven't experienced a mc yet but I wanted you to know you're not alone.

I had a scan at 5+6 where there was just an empty sac so I was measuring about a week behind. I had another scan at 7+6 where there was a yolk and tiny fetal pole which was too small to see a heartbeat. So I'm now measuring about 2 weeks behind. It isn't possible for me to be so far behind as I took a test at 9dpo so I'm sure this isn't a healthy pregnancy but the doctor wouldn't confirm it yet because there was progression between scans. I have to wait until the 23rd for another scan. The wait is horrendous and painful. All my love to you xxx
All my love to you too hun. The waiting is awful isn't it. I just want to get on with life :(

Big hugs, I've been there and I know how horrible the waiting is :hugs2:

I've had three losses, and only one of those did I bleed. With my other two- a twin mmc and a partial molar pregnancy, I needed intervention. The first time I had an ERPC under general anaesthetic as there hadn't been any progression with the twins since 6 weeks and I was 9 weeks pregnant by then, and the second time I had medical management. Even though the idea of having surgery was nerve wracking, it was actually - physically at least- the most straightforward and least painful of my three miscarriages, and if I were ever unlucky enough to miscarry again and need intervention, it would be the option I'd choose. Mentally though it was very hard to get my head round being pregnant, then "maybe it's twins", then "yes definitely twins", and then "sorry, no it's not going to work out", and being put to sleep pregnant but coming round from the op not pregnant. It definitely had a real effect on me mentally and emotionally.

One thing I will say though (and I don't even know if you're wanting to try again) is that following both my first and second miscarriage's I did conceive naturally again the first month of trying and those pregnancies ended with my boys (now 10 and 8).

I hope your next scan brings some clear answers for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->