• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Just want my scan already!

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
At the moment I am not-so-patiently waiting for my dating scan to roll around on Friday at 9.30. I'm petrified as I am so excited about this baby, but I'm trying not to get too attached just in case it's bad news.

Arggghhhhh I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve......I just want to go to bed and wake up on Friday! :brat:

I felt like this too. Only a couple more days, hang in there! :hugs:

less than 24 hours to go!! :thumbup:

Got my bus fare all sorted and have picked out the same outfit I wore to Earl's first scan (I'm superstitious lol). Cooking a nice healthy fruity curry for tea to take my mind off it all lol.

13 weeks and a few days is too long, and this is the 2nd time I've had to do it! lol. At least the scan will be very detailed, as at Earl's (at 13weeks 5 days) you could see all his fingers and toes. :thumbup:

mines still 3 weeks away :(
hope it all went well! :thumbup:

I think I'd go spare if I had to wait until 12 weeks! It's hard enough just waiting for next week! Technically I could go any day since here I have to go to a paid for private ultrasound clinic. But the GP said wait until 7 weeks so wait I shall!
I get back home to london in December just before I hit 12 weeks so hopefully I'll get another scan not long after I get back!

mines still 3 weeks away :(
hope it all went well! :thumbup:

I think I'd go spare if I had to wait until 12 weeks! It's hard enough just waiting for next week! Technically I could go any day since here I have to go to a paid for private ultrasound clinic. But the GP said wait until 7 weeks so wait I shall!
I get back home to london in December just before I hit 12 weeks so hopefully I'll get another scan not long after I get back!

Tell me about it, i'm impatient already :dohh:. How come your GP has recommended to wait until 7 weeks? That'll be nice if you do get another one at 12 though (which you probably will). But then it'll seem like forever till your 20 week scan :). Or will you probably be having another scan outside london?

Tell me about it, i'm impatient already :dohh:. How come your GP has recommended to wait until 7 weeks? That'll be nice if you do get another one at 12 though (which you probably will). But then it'll seem like forever till your 20 week scan :). Or will you probably be having another scan outside london?

Nope, once I get back that's it, I'll be doing whatever my midwife tells me, so whatever's the norm in the NHS these days! But I think after a 12-week scan I'll probably feel a lot more at ease so it may not be quite as hard waiting for the first couple of scans. (I hope!)
The GP here suggested I wait until 7 weeks just to make sure there's the best possible chance of seeing the heartbeat and the foetus because sometimes women aren't as far along as they think and then they end up going back a couple of weeks later and pay again!

Nope, once I get back that's it, I'll be doing whatever my midwife tells me, so whatever's the norm in the NHS these days! But I think after a 12-week scan I'll probably feel a lot more at ease so it may not be quite as hard waiting for the first couple of scans. (I hope!)
The GP here suggested I wait until 7 weeks just to make sure there's the best possible chance of seeing the heartbeat and the foetus because sometimes women aren't as far along as they think and then they end up going back a couple of weeks later and pay again!

Oh that makes sense then :). And yea that's true, after 12 weeks you're meant to be in the 'safe' zone really so you can relax alot more, it wont be as bad. It's just this first trimester i think that dragggggs the most

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"