Just wondering How long was your ESTABLISHED labour???

20 mins lol ;) my 4th tho :) i don't think you should of bn left that long xx

Established labour is from when you are 4cm dilated with regular strong contractions to the birth of the baby. Any time before this 4cm is known as the latent phase.

^^WSS

With my first I was in active labour for 5 hours but in latent phase from Wednesday night to Friday afternoon, lo being born just after 9pm. With my second it was a shorter latent phase but longer labour, just over 7 hours.

I went from 2-10cm's in 45 mins. Must have been the RLT I drank. LO was born 2 hours after that.

Baby no. 1 was just under 5 hours from 3cm to him being out, but 1 1/2 hours of that was pushing.

Baby no.2 was 3hrs 52 mins from 3cm to him being out. (10lb baby with a big head, so fair bit of pushing involved!) :haha:

Baby no. 3, just under 3 hours.

Babies no. 4 and 5. (twins) went from 2cm and them doctors still on about inducing me (ha ha!) to delivery in 45 mins.

Hoping I can get to the hospital in time this time, I live an hour away! :haha:

Aliss I can't believe they let you push for 4 hours! In my hospital they have a 1 hour before assistance rule.

Wow - really?? I know ladies who have pushed for well over an hour. I was about an hour, but they would have let me go on providing baby was not distressed. After an hour so they just whip out the forceps or ventouse?? I wouldn't be happy with that unless baby needed it.

As for established labour, mine was about 16 hours. Waters broke on their own, and I was already about 1.5-2cms dilated as I had a sweep two days before. I immediately had strong contractions and after about two hours I was in established labour.

64hours to get from 4cms to 10cms??? Which hospital was this - because that is ridiculous!

with DD 5hrs 10 mins, but with DS 23 minutes from 4cm to him being born...that was too quick and quite a shock for me!!

With my daughter it was 15hrs. With my boy it was 2hr 40 mins xxx

With my eldest, about 3 hours and with my youngest about half an hour... she was eager!

For my son 36 hours, for Chloe 10 minutes! xx

73 long, infuriating hrs followed by a c section!!!!

Pressed the relpy button too soon.

I should add that although I was classed as established, my labour went from intensive to completely stalled overnight for a couple of hrs and then started up again with full force in the morning.

I was in early labor for 13 days and hard labor for 23 hours.

start to finish it was 5 hours, pushed for 2ish so thats 3 hours established right? I didnt have an early stage, they went from nothing to full force :thumbup:
They SHOULD NOT have left you that long in my opinion :hugs:

I have no idea what established labour is tbh

But I had my waters broken then first contraction about 3-4 minutes later then went straight into intense contraction so from what I can make out from the meaning of established labour (it was all established)2hours 50 odd minutes from complete start to birth as I didnt have a lead up.
It was literaly "hello nice to meet you" *bam* "heres your baby"
Moody mare wouldnt even let me have any pain relief because apparently it was impossible to have labour progress like that.

I think i as in established labour about 6h, incl 1.5h pushing

I think the hospital should have stepped in for you sooner :hugs: had you discussed it prier and made a plan?

Im not really sure what established labor is either but i was in labor for 30 hours. I was pushing for about 5 and a half hours of that on the epidural.

Baby number 1: 6 hours
Baby 2: 3 hours
Baby 3: approx 1 hour (labour altogether 1hr 45mins)
Baby 4: 1 hour (but with irregular but intense contrax for 15 hours beforehand)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->