Just wondering How long was your ESTABLISHED labour???

i was 5cm and 90% effaced when I got to the hospital to be induced lol (so in labor!) but that was around 2pm and I delivered @ 12:26am...so 10 hrs 26 min

ETA- saw someone else mention early labor...if you count from when I first started dilating that was @ 30wks5days and I the morning I went into be induced was 37wks6days...so 6 wks ish lol

Don't really know about established labour as my waters broke/started leaking on their own around 7:45am. Nothing had happened by the 24h induction deadline the next morning, but got given an extra 24h to see if things started naturally as I was very keen on a natural birth centre birth. Saw an acupuncturist around 1pm on 2nd day, as recommended by midwife on the 24h progress check, and had 1st contraction around 3:30pm.

contractions stayed irregular if increasingly painful, and I kept being told to stay at home by birth centre. Went in regardless at around 1am as the pain was pretty bad and kept having the urge to push, and got told I was fully dilated with baby in "surprise" breech (and too late for c section), when they examined me about an hour later. They wheeled me to the labour ward and gave me an epidural, and DD was born around 6:30am after about 3h of pushing.

Don't know if they do this at all hospitals, but we got offered an option to come in later for a"post mortem" of the birth if we had any questions, though decided not to do it ourselves.

I was in established labour for 16 hours, would have just gone on and on but I ended up with a c-section as there was meconium in my waters, and Thomas's heart rate was dropping dangerously low with each contraction.

If we are talking from 3cm dilated about 10 minutes max :haha::haha::haha: went for 3cm and waters going to fully dilated and pushing in the time it took m/w to draw up pethidine (needless to say I didnt get it) but was then rushed to theatre for an emergency c/s :cry:

my establishes labour was 4hrs 12 mins. My contractions started at 7am and I had my dd at 21.12 that night. My waters had broken the day before at 5pm. hehehe

Established labour is from when you are 4cm dilated with regular strong contractions to the birth of the baby. Any time before this 4cm is known as the latent phase.

So they left you over 60 hours from being 4 cm to the birth of your baby???? The latent phase can last a couple of days but established labour definitely should not.

sadly LO was born at a hospital that was in the news recently were there have been bad reports and some baby deaths due to the staff!!

I am just happy that he was born ok in the end, BUT due to my medical problems I never saw him until he was 5 hours old my hubbie had him as soon as he was born, so I do feel that I have missed out on something

xx

my mum constantly goes on about how long i was in labour for and how ridiculious it was for them to let me go the length i did before eventually agreeing to a c section. i went for a check up on the friday and they did a sweep, i went to the toilet and straight away contractions started, now the consultant then took a look at the trace i was on afterwards and he thought by the looks of it i might be having the baby that night! however was sent home and after trips back and forth over friday and saturday eventually on the sunday they agreed to admit me to the ward as i was terrified of the pain i was getting but still wasnt any more than 2cm. by the early hours of monday morning i had rode it out as long as i could and i begged the midwife to please check me again and even though i was still 2-3cm! she agreed to phone labour ward, there they broke my waters and throughout the rest of the morning and onto the night nothing and it wasnt until 5pm on the monday night they decided to section me! so friday to monday of contractions, worse over sunday/monday was a nightmare and i am so glad with my wee boy i was a planned section.

Whether they were right or wrong? well in your case i think yes. in my case i think they were within there rights to leave me and see if it happened naturally as it was my first baby and baby wasnt in distress and neither was i. x

Total labour was about 24 hours... 8 hours established although spent 5 hours in the birthing pool where I barely dialated at all so if I hadn't got in there I imagine it would have only been a few hours? :shrug:

8 hours established 22 hours from starting contractions.

according to the midwifes, about 20 minutes. That's from the time I said "I want to push" and they remembered I was there.
They weren't paying any attention to me at all they just left me to cry and refused to give me pain relief. Mean women. I actually think they were being mean because I'm american using their NHS sytem.

I would guess it was actually around 2 hours.

23mins from first contraction to him being born. Yes it was quick!!

7 hours.
& in "slow labour" (it certainly didn't feel slow!) for 15 1/2 hours before that.
xx

from established 3hr5min - blimey i think that was long enough, you poor thing!!xx

Dont know because i got there within the hour of my first contraction and they examined me immediately and i was 10cm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->