Just you wait....

I don't like it when people do this
This is my second pregnancy and I still
Get oh no more sleeping in you will be
Up all night I think I know that already

OMG I was about to start a thread like this... Ladies at work are REALLY starting to bug me with this! I say silly things like oh during labour I'm just gonna sneeze and this baby will come out. They all look at each other knowingly and say 'oh just you wait' like I don't know how it really works...I can see its only going to get worse as I get further along lol!!! Must remember not to do this when friends get pregnant ;-)

OMG I was about to start a thread like this... Ladies at work are REALLY starting to bug me with this! I say silly things like oh during labour I'm just gonna sneeze and this baby will come out. They all look at each other knowingly and say 'oh just you wait' like I don't know how it really works...I can see its only going to get worse as I get further along lol!!! Must remember not to do this when friends get pregnant ;-)

Haha, when people don't get your jokes--like sneezing and the baby comes out--it's sooo annoying. Like suddenly, sarcasm doesn't work when you're pregnant. lol

I was watching a movie the other night what to expect when expecting funny movie but one lady was having an amazing pregnancy and labor with twins not feeling bad and during labor she's like oh I have to sneeze she sneezed one out lol

Oh yes, I remember all that with my first and it drove me mad, yes it was true but you know it's not what you want to hear at that stage and is unhelpful.
I don't get all that me with my second :thumbup:

With my pregnant friends I always remain positive and don't go into the bad things! There's no point! Plus every baby is different .. Just because mine didnt sleep doesnt mean yours won't!

OMG I was JUST telling my dad how frustrating and annoying the "just wait" comments are! No matter what they are referring to, it's plain annoying!!

With DS I had horrible pregnancy insomnia and EVERYONE said "just wait until the baby is here you will never sleep again!" ummm thank you very much people but DS slept very well from the beginning and so did mommy again!

Just don't listen to them, or listen but ignore it!

I like the whole 'this too shall pass' comment, but it makes me sad too, and I think people forget when they are saying things like 'just you wait' that it goes by in the blink of an eye.

I have 4 beautiful children between the ages of almost 8 and 15. And there are PLENTY of times when I get sad that they are so big and growing so fast. It really does pass. The sleepless nights, and uncertainty as a new parent, the nappy changes and the temper tantrums will all pass and one day you will be walking out of the school ground (like I did this morning!), thinking I wish they didn't have to grow up yet.

My advice to first time parents is this: Cherish every little moment because it really does fly by. And when you are stressed and tired and emotional just try and tell yourself that in 6 months or a year, it'll all be different.
My son at almost 8 still wants to hold my hand and I love it. I love love love having his (and my girls although older) arms around my neck giving me a cuddle saying 'I love you Mum".

I absolutely cannot wait until this baby is born. I can't wait to smell that newborn smell that disappears all too quickly, to touch baby soft skin and to look into wide dark newborn baby eyes. And yes, I even can't wait to be comforting a crying baby or rocking a restless one back to sleep in the middle of the night. Because it doesn't last forever, and each thing is a memory to take away.

Don't listen to people who give you negatives. Life is way too short and you will miss the baby stage so much to bother listening to people who have nothing nice or productive to say to you.

I like the whole 'this too shall pass' comment, but it makes me sad too, and I think people forget when they are saying things like 'just you wait' that it goes by in the blink of an eye.

I have 4 beautiful children between the ages of almost 8 and 15. And there are PLENTY of times when I get sad that they are so big and growing so fast. It really does pass. The sleepless nights, and uncertainty as a new parent, the nappy changes and the temper tantrums will all pass and one day you will be walking out of the school ground (like I did this morning!), thinking I wish they didn't have to grow up yet.

My advice to first time parents is this: Cherish every little moment because it really does fly by. And when you are stressed and tired and emotional just try and tell yourself that in 6 months or a year, it'll all be different.
My son at almost 8 still wants to hold my hand and I love it. I love love love having his (and my girls although older) arms around my neck giving me a cuddle saying 'I love you Mum".

I absolutely cannot wait until this baby is born. I can't wait to smell that newborn smell that disappears all too quickly, to touch baby soft skin and to look into wide dark newborn baby eyes. And yes, I even can't wait to be comforting a crying baby or rocking a restless one back to sleep in the middle of the night. Because it doesn't last forever, and each thing is a memory to take away.

Don't listen to people who give you negatives. Life is way too short and you will miss the baby stage so much to bother listening to people who have nothing nice or productive to say to you.

I totally understand this. This is my 3rd, and I still have a 8.5 month old who is causing havoc constantly, but I miss that tiny baby stage already and this baby is my last (can't physically do it again so I'm happy to be having just one more) so I'm determined to enjoy every last second. I did with Eddy, and I did mostly with Earl, but this time my LO will forever be the baby of the family.

cantwaitforu - I suffer with insomnia badly during pregnancy too....especially in 3rd tri. It's a relief when baby arrives and to get to sleep when your head hits the pillow rather than having to wait for 4 hours :haha:

I watched the sneezing the baby out movie the other night too! So funny x

Anyway I'm a hairdresser and I get this comment at least 20
Times a day, it drives me nuts! And have you noticed how they always give you that sly side eye look when they are saying it! It really pisses me off! So I reply

"Really, wow I hope your right and my life does change! It'll be for the better, and you know it's taken me 9 years to get pregnant, so I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to doing night feeds! God knows I've waited long enough for the privilege!"

That usually shuts them up :winkwink:

I'm getting this again now. DS is nearly 2 and has had a few bad nights lately with flu and teething. I stupidly complained about being tired and I get people telling me "just you wait, it'll be much worse when the twins get here..."

None of the people who say this have had twins. Theyve all had singleton pregnancies and babies but SO HAVE I!

I like you. :) That was an ecouragement, and made me very excited. I have never wanted to be pregnant, but always wanted babies. You just gave me a nice reality check that I should enjoy this stage too. Thanks!

It's so bloody annoying, people are so negative! It continues though... 'Oh just you wait til he's crawling....walking....terrible two's' etc etc. At the moment everyone keeps saying how lucky I am that my sons not walking, and if I say I'm exciting about him taking his first step they say that it's going to be hell. So negative and annoying.

A few weeks ago, my sister (who has 2 kids) shared some blog post on facebook that was all about how pregnant first-time moms "HAVE NO IDEA" how awful it's going to be when you have kids. And you shouldn't have any pre-conceived notions at all about how you want to raise your kids, because when you actually have kids, your life is going to be such a mess that you're going to throw all of your ideas about parenting out the window. Now, I realize that a lot of people have warm and fuzzy ideas about how they're going to be perfect parents, and it never really feels like that when you're actually a parent. But I personally think it's a GOOD thing for people to have some ideas about what parent they want to be BEFORE they go ahead and have kids.

The post also said something about how you should sleep now, because you'll never sleep again. And that you shouldn't complain about not being able to sleep when you're pregnant because it will be much worse when you have a newborn. I was having a lot of trouble sleeping at the time and found that comment to be really awful. The fact that I'm not going to be getting much sleep after the baby comes does nothing to help me get good sleep now! Totally unhelpful!

I kept waiting for the post to end on a positive note about how it's all worth it. It did mention how you would love your kids in passing, but it was only part of one sentence, and then went right back to negativity.

It really pissed me off because I'm a pregnant first-time mom and felt like the fact that my sister shared it was somehow directed at me.

I'm actually very, very much looking forward to having a newborn! Sleepless nights, countless diapers, and all! I don't think that someone should try to take that feeling away from me.

CaT1285 - I would be totally annoyed if my sister posted something like that while I was pregnant! How rude. It's good that you're looking forward to having your newborn. :) As you should be! I think someone else posted something on here about appreciating every moment, because those moments go by so quickly and then they are gone, and I agree. I'm going to enjoy my little newborn in every way that I can.

Of course, my little sister actually got pregnant about a month after me, so she probably wouldn't want to post something like that. Don't even get me started on that. lol

Anyway, I just like it when people are soooo happy for me. I LOVE when people say, oh yeah, it's hard, but so worth it. It makes me have a little faith in people not to always be such pains. :) lol

Yeah, I don't like this either and in fact, even before I got pregnant, listening to women do it to other women was always aggravating to me. My fiance is not a first time parent and that relationship was doomed from the start so the first time I got pregnant, people were pretty judgmental and thought "Great, this is going to be this all over again." which we both agreed was b/s. I miscarried and predicted that people would say "It's for the better, anyway." and sure enough, they did. Even though, they all know our relationship is much different than his previous. When I got diagnosed with a disorder, people were more understanding about why we'd want to try again, but we still get those looks and just that "feeling". I know that's a little different, but it's still similar to me.

Your sex life is going to be different; yes, we know this. We didn't just jump in and try without knowing this.

You're going to lose your patience; I think anyone would say that once in awhile, we're going to lose our patience. Thankfully, 8 siblings and having a fiance with a son and one who he treats as his own, is definitely a learning lesson.

You're never going to sleep; as if I do right now, anyway!

Your life is going to change; Absolutely! I welcome that change. We both do. I had a limited amount of time to actually conceive a child and we talked about it. We wanted a child that was ours. We wanted to share that bond and love. We are going to have our daughter or son making us laugh and smile every single day. It is going to be an absolute miracle! His son is already extremely welcoming of the new baby without it even being here. I gave him Disney stickers for his birthday, he told me to save them for the baby. Last weekend, one of the first things he said when he was dropped off was, "Did you get your baby yet?"! He draws and colors pictures "for Candi, daddy, and the baby." Our life is going to change. We are going to have to change diapers, feed the baby, wake up in the middle of the night, but thank God for that...I wouldn't have it any other way.

Women who are pregnant, whether or not they were trying to conceive, are not as unaware of the changes as everyone seems to think.

omg I know!! Like we were trying for a little over 2 years before we got pregnant and people try to tell me that this and that are going to happen during pregnancy and then how life is going to change after baby is here. I'm like uhhh I had over 2 years to google (me and google are besties) all kinda pregnancy/baby related stuff. we're definitely not going into this blindly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->