Kaiden Luke - 06-11-09. (bad experiance) *Pics added*

hey hun, sorry to hear you had such an awful time, i too had the dural tap and my hosp treated me with painkillers for THREE days while i cried in agony and tried to look after my baby before they took me back to theatre for the blood patch. its horrible, its the worst pain ever!!

glad to hear u and ur little man are doing well, congratulations

xxxxx

Aww hun! Not you as well! It really is horrendous, the giving birth pain was nothing compared to the headache, sorry you had to go through it too. It was four days before I got mine fixed, nobody except the community midwife seemed to believe I had it. If you plan on having another baby would it put you off having an epidural again? Xxx

Congrats, he is sooo cute!!! And omg, you look bloody fantastic for just giving birth! wow, i looked like death just after I had mine haha.
Well done you x

Lol, thanks hun, you should see some of the pics a few days later when I was ill, definatly not looking good then! That must just be a fluke pic! Haha.
And congrats on your engagement by the way, my OH just popped the question too, on christmas day! Xx

hey hun, sorry to hear you had such an awful time, i too had the dural tap and my hosp treated me with painkillers for THREE days while i cried in agony and tried to look after my baby before they took me back to theatre for the blood patch. its horrible, its the worst pain ever!!

glad to hear u and ur little man are doing well, congratulations

xxxxx

Aww hun! Not you as well! It really is horrendous, the giving birth pain was nothing compared to the headache, sorry you had to go through it too. It was four days before I got mine fixed, nobody except the community midwife seemed to believe I had it. If you plan on having another baby would it put you off having an epidural again? Xxx

Yep, they told me minutes after they put the 2nd one in that i was a prime candidate for it... but boy...i wasnt expecting it to be so bad!!!!

, i spent days in the dark, just lying down, it kinda took the shine off those first few precious days with him, but the relief was instant when they did they blood patch, it was amazing, just wish they'd fixed it without pumping me full of drugs and painkillers for 3 days first!....i dont think it would put me...my contractions were really really painful and the epidural totally relaxed me...i'd be worried about it but id hope that the chance of it happening again would be very little...if im honest i think the anethesitist that did it was due to finish for shift change, and im pretty sure he mucked up coz he was in a rush...the second man was way nicer :)

would it put you off??

and congratulations on your engagements girls :) wish u and ur wee familys bumps and babys all the happiness in the world :)

xxx

no I don't think it would put me off, I would like you be terrified but the chances of it happening again are so rare...that would be really bad luck!
I'll never be sure, but I think mine was caused by my spinal in theatre, but saying that I had a failed epi first too, so could be either. My anesatist seemed in a rush too! But once that epi worked, it was amazing, and there is no way I would have coped with the forceps and episiostomy without it! just out of intrest, how long after your epi did it take for the pain to start? At least if it did happen again, we'd know exactly what it was and could get it sorted asap! Hope your doing ok now and enjoying motherhood! Xxx

xxx

no I don't think it would put me off, I would like you be terrified but the chances of it happening again are so rare...that would be really bad luck!
I'll never be sure, but I think mine was caused by my spinal in theatre, but saying that I had a failed epi first too, so could be either. My anesatist seemed in a rush too! But once that epi worked, it was amazing, and there is no way I would have coped with the forceps and episiostomy without it! just out of intrest, how long after your epi did it take for the pain to start? At least if it did happen again, we'd know exactly what it was and could get it sorted asap! Hope your doing ok now and enjoying motherhood! Xxx

xxx

The first i noticed my head ache was after i'd had Ellis when i was in the shower, mibi about an hour after id had him?... seemed to be the minute i stood up it kicked in, was this the same for you?
yea doing great now...have u noticed any discomfort around about the site where ur spinal/ epidurals were? my backs still a bit funny
hope ur doing alright

xxxx

xxx

The first i noticed my head ache was after i'd had Ellis when i was in the shower, mibi about an hour after id had him?... seemed to be the minute i stood up it kicked in, was this the same for you?
yea doing great now...have u noticed any discomfort around about the site where ur spinal/ epidurals were? my backs still a bit funny
hope ur doing alright

xxxx

hmm well I gave birth fri, spinal Sunday and didn't really notice headache till mon afternoon/evening, but by tues lunchtime it was excruciating. Strange yours was almost instant but mine was 1 - 3 days later. For me the pain was almost relieved laying down, at it's worse in a sitting position and semi relieved if I walked around, although I felt dizzy and out of it, hard to explain. As for my back, that's fine really, first couple of weeks after it really itched but no pain thankfully. Still get the odd headache (whereas never suffered with them before) but compared to dural tap they are minor and manageable! I think it's something like only 1 in 100000 people suffer from this!

xxx

hope ur doing alright

xxxx

hmm well I gave birth fri, spinal Sunday and didn't really notice headache till mon afternoon/evening, but by tues lunchtime it was excruciating. Strange yours was almost instant but mine was 1 - 3 days later. For me the pain was almost relieved laying down, at it's worse in a sitting position and semi relieved if I walked around, although I felt dizzy and out of it, hard to explain. As for my back, that's fine really, first couple of weeks after it really itched but no pain thankfully. Still get the odd headache (whereas never suffered with them before) but compared to dural tap they are minor and manageable! I think it's something like only 1 in 100000 people suffer from this!

i felt completely out of it when i stood up, but sitting or standing seemed to make the pounding worse, its was weird, the minute i lay down it just about stopped. i was really itchy too, but they said that was the morphine and the local anethesitic. :shrug:. ive not had any headaches just my backs still a bit weird...doesnt really feel like mine if that makes sense lol!
they told me it was rare, but i didnt realise it was that rare! i hadnt heard of it so to find someone else whos had it is reassuring if that makes sense?

xxx

Yeah totally! I know, I work on a surgical ward doing nursing and although I had heard of it, it was not something I had come across in any of my patients before. I've only been in my job 18months but we get lots of people with epis after bowel ops etc. Not sure if the statistics are completly right but around about there, even the gp I saw after wasn't familiar! Sorry you had to go through it but good to talk to someone else who has had it. When they did my blood patch it was horrible coz they couldn't get any blood out of me I was so aneimic (sp?) and he was rooting around for ages, I think they managed about 12 or 14ml but it did the trick anyway! Xxx

i think it only occurs in about 1% of pregnancies...which sounds about right from what u said! Yea, my midwives and HV seemed very surprised when they looked at my notes after i got home!
thats weird i was the same! id been anemic the whole way through my pregnancy and when it came to taking my blood, they only got about 15ml and i heard the assistant tell the consultant that my vein had collapsed. did the trick tho as headache was gone!

xxx

Sorry you had such a bad experience! Congrats Kaiden is gorgeous. You should be so proud xx

Sorry you had such a bad experience! You look fab by the way after all of that. I only wish I had looked that good by the end of it. :haha: Congrats on your LO! He is gorgeous. :flower:

As bad as it sounds, i'm glad to know i havent been alone in all this:cry: i think the hardest part i found is feeling like a failure throughout everything that happened as i couldnt be there for my family. but thank goodness its all over with now eh and we can both look to the future and enjoy our little bundles of yumminess. congrats on your little bundle hun:hugs: and thankyou for sharing your experience with me:hugs:

As bad as it sounds, i'm glad to know i havent been alone in all this:cry: i think the hardest part i found is feeling like a failure throughout everything that happened as i couldnt be there for my family. but thank goodness its all over with now eh and we can both look to the future and enjoy our little bundles of yumminess. congrats on your little bundle hun:hugs: and thankyou for sharing your experience with me:hugs:

I know what you mean hun. But your definitely not a failure, Its hard enough the first few weeks without the dural tap and other complications you had! the outcome is you have your gorgeous lo and hopefully have come through this stronger, I'm a much stronger person now, and although it wasn't the birth I was hoping for, my boy is happy and healthy. Oh and there is another poor lady who suffered dural tap on here too, I hope she doesn't mind me saying, but has posted her birthstory too so it should be fine. I think her user name is KaeRit21 if you wanna look her up to. It defintly helps sharing experiances. Glad your better now xx

Wow, over 1000 views! I was not expecting that many as I'm normally quite quiet on the boards. Hope you all enjoyed reading my story! X

Dear god, I can't believe they let you get into such a state in the hospital!!! Nobody checked on you properly? That's awful! Now I want to buy flowers or something for all the people who took part in delivering my baby, especially the anaesthesiologist, because our care was fabulous and very attentive. I can't believe some of the stories I've read on here! I'm glad you got through it okay and are feeling better now, it must have been hell!

Congratulations on your little guy, he is so cute! Wish you the best :hugs:

Dear god, I can't believe they let you get into such a state in the hospital!!! Nobody checked on you properly? That's awful! Now I want to buy flowers or something for all the people who took part in delivering my baby, especially the anaesthesiologist, because our care was fabulous and very attentive. I can't believe some of the stories I've read on here! I'm glad you got through it okay and are feeling better now, it must have been hell!

Congratulations on your little guy, he is so cute! Wish you the best :hugs:

Thank you. What makes it worse is the fact that I work in the same hospital so I know all the policies and what they should have been doing! And the fact the hospital is rated very good! Just because I'm staff doesn't mean I can look after myself lol. And if you want to send card/flowers then do because it's lovely to receive them and on our ward they are very much appriciated and posted on a big notice board (names crossed out for patient confidentiality). X

OMG what a nightmare u had :hugs: Ur little boy is gorgeous, thank goodness ur on the mend now. Where did u have him? The hospital u had him in sounds as in competent as the one i had Matilda in.

XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"