Kash Robert Patrick has arrived <3

msarkozi

A very proud mommy!
Reaction score
I am proud to announce that my little man, Kash Robert Patrick, has arrived.

February 24th, 2011
12:56 am
7 lbs
18.5" long

For those that don't know, I was due on February 28th and induced on February 22nd. I was given cervidil on the 22nd at 12:18 pm, and had another round of cervidil inserted late that evening. I was already 2 cm dilated before the induction, and by the time I went back to the hospital on the 23rd, we had found that the cervidil fell out and I was at 5 cm.

The doctor broke my water around 5:30 pm, and 3 hours later, the contractions came hard and fast. I had fentynal, but it didn't help at all so we started getting the epidural ready. By the time the epidural was inserted, my contractions were 3-4 minutes apart, and lasting 1-2 minutes in length. I was in agony! Unfortunately, the epidural did not work! I was in so much pain, as the pressure was unbearable, that all I could do was cry. Seeing my OH cry too because of me made me feel awful and I kept apologizing to him.

Unfortunately, as ready as I was to push the baby out, I was still only 5 cm dilated!! They were going to put me on the drip for 4 hours, but luckily when the doctor came to check on me, he seen the agony I was in and said I needed to have an emergency c section. This was around 11:30 pm already. Contractions were already 2 minutes apart by then.

I received a spinal tap once I was in the OR, and then life was good again! Best drug ever!!! At 12:56 am, Kash made his entrance. It was the happiest moment ever, especially when I heard his little voice.

I was then in the OR for a couple hours while being sewn up, and they finished cleaning it for the evening. OH and the baby were in my room during that time waiting for my arrival. It was pure joy the moment I got to hold him in my arms.

The baby was laying transverse oblique, which means I would have never been able to give birth to him. They said it should have been a scheduled c section to begin with, and the next one has to be for sure (that is ok with me, as I am sure I won't ever forget that pain).

We were released from the hospital late afternoon on the 25th, and we were very happy to come home. We have been fighting jaundice since, but the numbers are improving the way they should be, and we are almost rid of it.

By the 7th, Kash had already gained 1 lb 4 oz!!! The doctor keeps telling me I have very rich breast milk! I am glad to know that he is healthy and getting the nutrients he needs. Unfortunately, I have to pump all the time, as once the jaundice set in, he was unable to latch anymore (also due to me having flat nipples). We are doing great though, and I am loving every minute of it!

Attachments

• IMG_3737.jpg
    IMG_3737.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 106
Thanks Rach! I still can't believe how cute he is....and he is such a good baby! The only time he cries is when he is hungry, or needs a diaper change, or the odd time he has a bit of gas that he couldn't get rid of. He's a very content baby, and I am very lucky and thankful for that.

I have had him sleeping in his crib since day one, and there has been no issues with it at all. He sleeps so well at night. I feel awful having to wake him all the time to feed him, but I am hoping these feedings will be on his schedule soon, instead of my schedule (to get rid of the jaundice).

Hi Mel! Awwwwww I love the new avatar and pic. He is absolutely gorgeous! So adorable. Glad things are going well. :) :hugs:

Aw Mel your new home!!! :hugs: Congrats again he is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

Thanks! He is definitely my pride and joy, and I couldn't imagine life without him. He's only been here for 2 weeks, and it's hard to imagine what it was like before he was even here. It changes your life in such a good way. I love him to pieces :)

Hey there hun!! I love the new avator pic!! So precious. Glad he is sleeping well for you.

I love the avatar pic. He is gorgeous. Glad he is sleeping well too.

I am glad he is sleeping well too :haha:

How is Malcom?

Just lurked over from sassys journal to have a nose! he's gorgeous, well done :D

Xxx

thank you :) he is going to be a little heartbreaker I think......he's already got my heart (even though he just peed through his clothes and onto mine lol!)

I saw Kash wasn't feeling well? I hope he feels better soon. :hugs:

yeah, he has a lot of mucus going on, and it's keeping him from sleeping at times. I have to keep giving him saline throughout the day and once during the night. I didn't realize that they can't breathe out of their mouths, so when his nose is full, it's hard for him to breathe....poor guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->