Kay's Christmas journal

motherofboys

Reaction score
I did one of these last year and really enjoyed it, plus being able to keep everything in one place was really useful.
So, usually I don't start buying before I've completed ds2 and ds4 birthday, which are a week apart in October, but I have already got a couple of bits for the PlayStation this year.
Before I can do any more I have to sort out gifts etc for the following:- ds2 birthday, ds4 birthday, sil birthday, bil birthday, and my niece is due her baby, all within 2 weeks in October. Then there's dh birthday, nephews birthday and our anniversary in December, plus my mum's birthday on the 28th of December, but I'm taking her for lunch for that as I never know what to get and she's staying at the hotel which used to be the hospital she was born in for her birthday which means she'll be close enough to go and see for just a few hours.

For Christmas I've got to come up with ideas for:- ds1 (So far I know 1 ps4 game he wants that is not out until October and a new phone) ds2 (So far it's just his first phone as he'll be off to secondary school next year which is my rule for phones) ds3 (wants a ps4!) Ds4 (No idea at all!) Mil, bil, sil, mum, mum's husband, grandad, 2 friends And a secret Santa for a group I'm in on Facebook. Plus we buy for the pets because we are sappy like that and it also keeps the dog from tearing in to everyone presents if he has his own to rip open :haha:

If there's enough money left the dh and I will buy for each other, but I've no idea what to get him yet.

If anyone wants to follow me, I promise my other comments won't all be an essay hahaha

I've been editing my Amazon wish lists. I asked ds2 about his birthday but always get the same answer every year for every occasion, "I don't know" "surprises?" Or sometimes he'll want food :haha:

Ds4 is proving just as helpful. He's asked for one thing that from all my internet searching doesn't appear to exist. He wants a Playskool marvel heroes quick silver

Isnt it annoying when they won't give you any ideas! My girls mention random things (which I forget) then when I ask them what they would like it's never that same stuff!

Ds2 has decided he wants a new Xbox controller and a game. I told him the 2 things will be his whole budget but he's ok with having 2 things he really wants for his birthday rather than loads of things he's not that fussed about, so that's sorted. I might get him some reeces or nuts or something to make it up a bit but at least I know now.
Sorry I've not been around, been busy with back to school, my baby started today!
Ds1 needs new headphones and a new gaming headset so I've got a couple more bits on his list. I think I'm going to get him a mini laptop, he's always on mine for school work and tbh there isn't much he really wants or needs and little bits and pieces are just going to sit there.

I think I'm sorted for main presents now, so it's just little bits and bobs plus the rest of the family and everything else haha

Urgh, why do I have to buy for family? It's getting increasingly difficult. Everything is either boring, not much use or exactly what I got them last year! I decided to get bil a gift card then realised he got us gift cards last year with £20 each on them and gave us a small gift each to open and I've only got a budget of £10 from both of us for him so feel really tight about it.

I find it difficult buying for family too, it feels very repetitive and not very unique each year!

I can't even say we will just do the kids now as all our nieces and nephews are grown up so we have the same issue again.
I've gone with a nice set of mugs for my mum and her husband and will get something edible I think to go along with them. Or maybe a special coffee. Probably a photo gift for mil and my grandad but I'm stuck for the others. I always feel like it should be more, you know?

Dh said he thinks that mugs, a nice coffee and posh biscuits would be good for his brother and sister too so I ordered more mugs and think I'll do that for them as well and then the photo gifts for mil and grandad.
Found a hoodie for dh. I've made a really good start and I'm trying to hold back now ��

Yes that sounds like it would be a good present :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->