Keep it up ladies.. Lets see how much so far?

Janisdkh

Reaction score
Ok here is a little thread as a reminder so everyone keeps up water intake for today. I will never get contractions again from dehydration. So to remind myself I decided to make this post daily and maybe help some of you.

How much water have you drank so far today?

6 tall glasses ( because of what happend earlier)

Ok here is a little thread as a reminder so everyone keeps up water intake for today. I will never get contractions again from dehydration. So to remind myself I decided to make this post daily and maybe help some of you.

How much water have you drank so far today?

6 tall glasses ( because of what happend earlier)

I think I've been drinking like 5-7 glasses, but apparently, that's not enough. In my last post, I indicated there was a finding of low lying placenta and fluids in my canal (I'm thinking now maybe my dr was referring to the cervical mucus on my cervical canal - I hope not! I hope to see her this week or next to find out what it really is.. still worried :cry:) in my u/s. Then yesterday I was having this mild cramping all day and night. Nothing prolonged, just a twinge lasting a few seconds on my lower left, but it was more frequent that my usual. Typically I would feel that only when I'm walking, but yesterday, it was the whole friggin day, even when I'm just sitting down!

So anyway, the nurse called me today and said if I continue to experience cramping and/or with bleeding, then I need to go to the ER because of my low lying placenta. Otherwise, the cramping I had yesterday may have been due to dehydration, like you said. She said I should be drinking like 14-16 glasses! Wow. Oh well, anything for my little girl.

I hope your cramping goes away too! :hug: :hug: :hug:

can i drink juice instead!? lol.
i don't like water much...
i drink a lot all day, but it's generally NOT water.

I sit right next to the water cooler at work, so topping up is never a problem for me! Only thing is, the toilet trips are getting a bit ridiculous!

probably 5 so far but i always drink more in the evening

Good start ladies. Wow Rame I will be thinking of you big time. 14 glasses WOW.. I have trouble with 6-8. Oh my... Im still trying to get to 8. As for juice no because youre body will process most of it as a food. It's best to drink just water. I normally drink decafe but the past week I drank tea in the morning and I think that was one of my problems too. Dehydration can lead to cramps which can lead to contractions which can lead to pre term labour and dialation. I think I got it right LOL Well onto my next glass!

Iv had 3 cups of tea (Well its has got water in it lol).
Two glasses of juice.
1 cup of milk.
1 diet pepsi.

It would probably be processed as a food too. I know caffien dehydrates ya more. I just wish I didn't hate water when I am pregnant :(

i get crapms in my belly shud i drink more water or am i thinking difretn things all togetha lmao

Well seeing as how I slept in today...I've just had some juice so far and no water...oops! Off to get a glass now! Thanks for the reminder!! :D

Can you add crystal light to water to make it taste yummier?? Id rather have some flavour to my water but I dont want it to be then classed as 'juice'

Good start ladies. Wow Rame I will be thinking of you big time. 14 glasses WOW.. I have trouble with 6-8. Oh my... Im still trying to get to 8. As for juice no because youre body will process most of it as a food. It's best to drink just water. I normally drink decafe but the past week I drank tea in the morning and I think that was one of my problems too. Dehydration can lead to cramps which can lead to contractions which can lead to pre term labour and dialation. I think I got it right LOL Well onto my next glass!

I know! I couldn't believe it when she told me that over the phone. So I'll definitely check again with my dr when I see her Monday next week. But for now, I'll play it safe and try to drink as much water as she said *groans*. There goes any hope of me getting any sleep at all... right now, I'm pretty much waking up every hour or two to go to the bathroom *aarrrgggh* :hissy:

What about milk i go through about 1 and 1/2 pints of the stuff a day can't get enough of the stuff, this baby is gna be huuuge with all the calcium lol.

I never drink enough water :( I'm lucky if I drink 5 or 6 glasses a day!

The best thing to do is bulk buy 2L bottles of water and keep it on your desk. Aim to finish it before the end of the day!

i usually have just 2-4 glasses a day, am finding taking fluids very difficult this pregnancy.

I had 3-4 glasses of water yesterday and am trying to make sure I drink more.
I am bad at making sure I drink enough,but I need to up it .

Aiming for 7 glasses today :)

I drink tons of water throughout the day - but it is either flavoured or has vimto in it!! Does that count? x

Does squash count? I hate drinking water and I stuggle with the amount I drink anyway, I probably have about 6 drinks a day.

I just want to advise you all that you can drink too much water. If you drink too much, more than 10 glasses a day you can wash the nutrients out of your system and food before they are absorbed, this is not good. As a diabetic I get very dehydrated if I don't drink enough and about 4 pints 6-8 glasses is WELL enough for me so should be well enough for all you non diabetic ladies. Don't panic about juice etc for as long as it is fairly watered down it's ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->