keep the spares or throw then away (poll)

spicyorange

Reaction score
Ok so as it stands we are ttc in December as soon as I come off the pill, I have exactly 1 box of pills too many, should I throw them away now or keep them just in case. On one hand it would push us not to bottle out of the date we have had fixed for so long on the other hand if anything did change I'd have to go back to Dr to get more. Contraception it's free here so that's not an issue. What would you do? Dh doesn't know how many I have.

i say throw them out, i need to go to the docs for one more lot of pills and im only going to keep as many as i need! i think its a bit like a countdown and its good to see the packs of pills decreasing even now, kind of exciting!
and like you said its free and pretty easy to get hold of so its not like a life sentence!
:flower:

I agree with Callmedan as you know!

Is there a way you can bring back to your Dr's?

Is there a way you can bring back to your Dr's?

No pharmacies don't take returns apart from to destroy, the Dr gave me a script for a year as is standard and although I asked if the pharmacy would just give me part they said they had to give me all of it

I say keep them. But only for a few months. That way if plans change suddenly, theyre there. But you deff don't wanna keep them past expiry

Just to throw another angle at you.

Please don't assume that as soon as you come off the pill your body will be ready to start TTC. I came off my pill in May with the intention of TTC in June, and technically I'm still WTT because I haven't had a period since may and that was my withdrawal bleed, I've been testing on a 2 weekly basis and the last one I did (this morning) was bfn.

I'm not trying to scare you it may be straight forward for you but I would recommend throwing the spare pack away because stopping and then starting will only throw your body out more and add more hormone when effectively you want to reduce it if that makes sense.

As I said I don't want to put a downer on it I just don't want you (or anyone) going in with the hope that everything will run smoothly because I'm close to insanity with how it's all panned out with me :(

How will ttc add more hormone? Dh won't allow me to come off before we are ready to try so I have to wait and I don't see how waiting after I come off well increase the chance of getting my cycle back?

I will be so upset if it doesn't come back but I don't know what I can do other than hope and pray

Ps this wasn't a criticism and I'm sorry to hear your story, it's scary that could happen

Spicy, I don't think that Rainbow meant to imply that TTC will skew your hormones somehow, she meant to say that if you come off your pills, change your TTC plans and get back on your pills, it will be even harder to return to a regular cycle when you come off the pills a second time. If you keep a spare box at your disposal, it may be more tempting to simply get back on your pill temporarily if you and OH have a brief change in your TTC plans (such as wanting to take a break). Using the pill in this manner is not recommended - you're better off using barrier methods (condoms, etc) in this scenario. This is not to say that you plan on stopping and starting the pill as I described, but it's just another argument for throwing your spare box away.

In any case, good question! I struggled with this dilemma myself and ended up throwing my spare box of pills away. It felt like a momentous occasion to me. :)

I agree with rainbow in a way. It took my body 3 months to properly readjust to coming off the pill. You would be better coming off sooner and using condoms. Give your body a chance to catch up. Just my opinion and experience :)

Oooh I see. Sorry of was totally confused, we have no intention of starting and stopping one we have started that will be it it's just w whether I keep a spare incase we delay starting by a month or throw them away so we can't delay.coming off early is not an option, we both Gage condoms and dh isn't up for that idea one bit, it would probably mean no sex for a few months and I'm not up for that!

It's actually really common for your period to be AWOL after coming off the pill. Even the doctors sugest coming off the pill 3 months before you want to TTC and use condoms instead but it can even take up to a year for cycles to get back to normal.

My gyne says that they're is no need to come off more than a month before. Dh won't let me come off early anyway

That is what I said, stopping and starting will bugger your cycles up, of course TTC isn't going to mess with anything other than your sanity.

In simpler terms, throw the spare back away so the temptation to take them isn't there.

Research trials show your are 30% less likely to conceive month 1 after coming off pill, but no statistically significant difference by month 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->