keep your opinions to yourself if all your gonna do is critisize!!!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Haych86, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Haych86

Haych86 Well-Known Member

I REALLLLLLLY am sick of people not only on here but in general forcing their opinions on what they believe is right and wrong in the upbringing of a child.

EVERYBODY has their own way of doing things and telling people your way and offering advice on the reasons you chose it is fine but when people make silly comments and remarks about certain things such as weaning, sleeping arrangements etc and tell a mother, or father for that matter they are wrong it really annoys me.

WHAT MAKES YOUR WAY THE RIGHT WAY? OR MY WAY THE WRONG WAY? I like to hear how people do things differently to me BUT I will choose if I want to take that information and incorporate it into MY way of bringing up MY child.

Advice is great, but don't discriminate that person for not taking all or any of your advice.

THAT WILL BE ALL!!!!! :growlmad:

PS: YES I AM IN A BAD MOOD LOL

2. bathbabe

bathbabe Mum to 3 boys

Well said!

3. Zedfaca

Zedfaca Well-Known Member

This is a pet peeve of mine too, although I ignore it just and get on with things. It is frustrating though, having to pretend that you don't do this or do do that in order to prevent an argument.

4. DaisyvonStarr

DaisyvonStarr Well-Known Member

I think it is the fine line from offering someone friendly advice when they ask for it to being rude. Some people seem to love getting on their high horse and thrusting their opinions down your throat! LOl

5. kandyfloss

kandyfloss Guest

Yeah exactly. What happened to this being a support forum. Also the amount of sheer rubbish that gets so many replies on here always amazes me xx

Wow could I seem more boring and moody haha

6. Emzywemzy

Emzywemzy Mummy to Holly and Evie

Agreed! I often think, "what makes you an expert?". There is a big difference between offering a point of view or advice to be helpful and making someone feel like crap because they are doing the 'wrong' thing x

7. Haych86

Haych86 Well-Known Member

Hmmm the way I feel tonight I could happily punch the next person to have a go at me or tell me I'm wrong in their pretty little face. Ok well maybe not as I like my newly painting nails but still ... Lol

8. welshprincess

welshprincess mum of 3 handsome boys

hear hear, round of applause, well said :flower:

9. Cat lady

Cat lady Well-Known Member

I hate it when people say 'oh you should...'. Really bugs me, apparently Thomas doesnt sleep becasue he is breastfed, from 4 months all I have had is 'you should give him formula and he will sleep through'. GRRRR, well he has 3 meals a day now, plus snacks, plus 4 booby feeds and he still doesnt sleep through! Then...'you should let him cry' - no I bloody will not let him cry!
    Why do people not think?????
    xxx

10. Maya23

Maya23 Well-Known Member

ohhh I'm with you on this one.I have strangers on the street telling me what's "best" for my son.He was crying one day while out on a walk(he hates being in his pram sometimes) and a lady who was sat next to me on traffic lights...ohh he must be really hungry!!I said, no, he just been fed, he doesn't like me when I stop walking..and then she walks off saying..I still think he's hungry!urrrrghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
    DO you actually think I am not feeding my baby!!!!!??????

11. Gen79

Gen79 Well-Known Member

Well I guess you're right but my personal opinion is that women tend to be incredibly sensitive and are offended too easily. Also, everyone thinks their way of raising children is right, that's why they do it that way. Unless they're just crossing their fingers and hoping they're right.

I want to buy my pregnant friend a baby sling and I'm all worried that she'll think I'm trying to tell her how to raise her kid. My DH thinks it's silly; I should just give it to her and she'll use it or not. I know he's right but after being on here so long I'm acutely aware of just how needlessly sensitive some women can be. JMHO. :)