Keeping baby warm at night....

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi, i am wondering what yous all do at night time about keeping baby warm?
Do you have the heating on all night? If so, what temp? And how many layers of clothes and blankets?

Infact while im asking this i may aswell ask do you keep your heating on through the day too?

We have our heating on 20 most of the day, and all through the night and she wears a sleepsuit and has 1 blanket, folded over so guess it counts as 2? Is this too much? We have quite a cold room.

Thanks x

Our heating is on constantly and its set to 18 degrees and that seems fine for her. She also has 1 blanket at night but its folded so counts as 2, i dont think its too much hun as long as she feels warm but not too warm she will be fine x

Not more than one blanket. Blankets are a bit of a hazard, cause they can bunch up and cause some trouble.

For the most part, we just put LO in a sleep suit and swaddle in a blanket.

Babies don't actual need really really warm temperatures. I'd be more afraid of baby overheating and sweating at nighttime.

we have heating on all day its set at 20 and then when we do the first feed of the night usually at about 3ish we turn it off and then switch it back on at about 7ish when we get up. at night alfies in a vest , sleep suit with pop over mittens and a 2.5togg grobag

<3

we have the thermostat set at 18 so if it drops below the heating kicks in. Charlie sleeps in a vest and sleepsuit and 2 tog bag. Any less and he wakes up unhappy x

my little man will not sleep properly if his room if its not warm.
Our house is crap for holding the heat so during the day i have it on for a few hours to warm the house up then of a night time i have an electric radiator that i put on in his room for a few hours before he goes to bed and i leave it on through the night at minimul heat. He sleeps in a vest and sleepsuit with two blankets and this suit him perfectly.
If i alter on of these factors he doesnt sleep through.

I have my heating on all night set with the thermostat and he is in a vest and sleepsuit and a sleeping bag

our LO has vest, sleepsuit, grobag 2.5tog AND 2 blakets! rooms is 17'degrees

Our room is quite cold at this time of year - we don't have the heating on at night though. When it's really cold, Sophie wears a long sleeved vest, fleecy sleepsuit and her sleeping bag, or long sleeved vest, normal sleepsuit with mitts, cardigan and sleeping bag. I think it's worse for them to be too hot. At the moment if it's cold we have the heating on all day but on milder days we have it set to come on about 6am and go off around 9, then it comes back on at 5pm and off at 9. xxx

Our heating gets too hot, we have it on periodically through the day and night so it seems to keep it around 18. Holly sleeps in a vest, sleepsuit with mits, 2.5 tog grow bag and if its cold a cellular blanket doubled over

We used to sleep in the living room with the electric fire on so it was nice and cosy but now the bedroom isn't quite as freezing. Still chilly at 16degrees though.

LO sleeps in a long sleeve vest, sleepsuit, swaddled with an extra folded up cellular blanket and if it's really chilly I add a thick fleecy blanket too. She wakes up if she's not snug and warm xx

we just put the heating on when it gets cold and put it on before going bed and then after her 1st night bottle put it on for an hour to warm the room back up.

Our bedroom is a pretty cramped room plus i have the tank in their too so our room is always warm even without heating, so we put LO in a vest,baby grow,sleeping bag, and that keeps her very toasty.

I guess it just depends how well ur house and room keeps heat.

Ava's room thermometer says 17 degrees is a good temperature for a baby's room to be. We put the heating on at 20 and it seems fine, she wears a sleepuit + vest and two blankets or a grobag instead of the blankets (2.5 tog). Any less and she feels cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->