Keeping busy during Maternity Leave

jaybee

Mum to Tobias & Alexander
Reaction score
2nd post in five inutes..... my mind is on overdrive this morning!

So, obviously we;re going to busy once Baby has come along... but I was just wondering what you are all going to be doing in the weeks leading up to D Day.

Usually on my days off I would tidy up, shop and chill....but... theres going to be so much more time....what do we do!?!?!?

I know its a weird question....but...i'm kinda stumped....or am I just being niave!?!?!

Im on annual leave now and wont be going back to work as my maternity kicks in when my annual leave finishes yay!! Im busy looking after my 14 month old so not much chance of me doing anything else other than to tidy up and make his dinner etc!

Well I'm not sure how I'm going to feel as I'm working up until 37 weeks so I expect probably taking it easy the last few weeks, doing some online shopping etc. Lots of reading, maybe some relaxation exercises. If I feel up to it I will try to continue some gentle exercise. I think I would go mad if I had too long off, but this is my first so no other kids to look after...

Oh and I want to get the keyboard out and start picking up music again. If you've got lots of time on your hands maybe some kind of hobby?? I also might get the sewing machine out which my mum bought me but hardly ever used.

trust me you will get used to day time tv at this point moving walking shopping will difficult i hated it at first i could cope that i was stuck in the house i could do much tried to clean but its hard work and had to take loads of breaks

so plan on relaxing get all baby buying done by mat leave i left work at 33 weeks and couldnt have managed it later than this x

I've got a feeling I'll just be sitting on the sofa getting fat. Which is why I'm only having 3 weeks off before D-day!

Someone please shoot me if I end up watching Jeremy sodding Kyle.

I've got a feeling I'll just be sitting on the sofa getting fat. Which is why I'm only having 3 weeks off before D-day!

Someone please shoot me if I end up watching Jeremy sodding Kyle.

its all thats on tv you will have to trust me HAVE to :haha:

but i would look into getting some arts and craft things to do on the sofa

i am learning to knit this time so will be busy making cardigans blankets bootees bonnets x

I have a sneaking suspision I'll mostly be sitting around watching Discovery Home & Health and scaring myself stupid with their Labour & Delivery, and Baby Story programmes!

I'm hoping the nesting will kick in by about 36 weeks and I'll just be scrubbing the house top to bottom, but it may just involve my bum & the sofa :blush:

cleaning is tough, jess is right. I would love to clean but bump is in the way all the time and just tires me out!! You can pick up/learn a hobby - something that you wanted to do a while back but never had time - painting, drawing, knitting etc? Computer games/wii helps too. If I am going to watch more TV, my brain will be dead by March :)

Well, I'm going to work upto 36 weeks but taking a couple of weeks off at the start so will be actually be off from wk 34..

I'll spend that time getting pedicures, grooming ;), have a hair cut, shopping for holiday clothes (we're going to cornwall at the start of June), sorting out the baby clothes, seeing friends for a catch up an then just chilling.

I'm getting any DIY sorted before I go on maternity so they'll be no sorting of the flat for me!

I think I worked out that I have just 10 weeks to go until it starts!!

Nicola xx

I dont intend to keep myself busy! The time of for me, is for chilling and relaxing so thats exactly what i will do!
I have a couple of friends due in the months before me so some visits will happen but other than that I plan to not do too much at all

I have a sneaking suspision I'll mostly be sitting around watching Discovery Home & Health and scaring myself stupid with their Labour & Delivery, and Baby Story programmes!

I'm hoping the nesting will kick in by about 36 weeks and I'll just be scrubbing the house top to bottom, but it may just involve my bum & the sofa :blush:

LOL I watch this ALLLL the time now, so will def be watching it constantly

I leave at 32.5 weeks, possibly earlier depending on when I use my holiday and have no idea. I was planning on doing lots of reading, lunch with mum and nan on Thursdays. Little movement, lots of tv and "me" time

This is my first so don't have any one else to look after apart from my hubby and cat, i do cross stitch so am planning on making my popcorn bear birth sampler.

I go on maternity leave at 29 weeks. At 30 weeks we are moving out of our flat and emigrating. It will take us a week to travel there (by van with all our stuff). My husband will hopefully have a job straight away, but he may not, so he may have a couple of weeks off with me to help unpack our stuff. When all our stuff is unpacked we will start buying all the stuff we need for the baby and getting the baby's room sorted out.

After that, I guess I'll just be keeping the place clean and "nesting". That's a lot of cleaning, but hey ho. I may even start organising my wedding album. We haven't done it yet because it's just extra weight to take with us. It makes more sense to do it all when we're settled.

My midwife isn't letting me doing the road trip any later than 30 weeks, because of risks of pre-eclampsia etc, so I don't have much choice.

I'm hoping my nesting instinct will kick in and I will blitz the house...maybe even wash the cats....no.. thats maybe a bitmuch!!

I'm due to have about 5 weeks off beore due date and am planning on starting back on my cross stich and tapestrys.
also might get my mum to start teaching me to knit...

I finish at 35 weeks and am dreading being in the house on my own all day! We only have one car which hubs will be using so I'm stuck to staying in or going out on the bus and considering I'm struggling walking now I'm not sure I'll be doing that!

I'm hoping to do little things like maybe knit, read, cook and freeze meals for the first week or so of the birth, learn some new recipes, clean. And undoubtedly lots of TV!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->