Keeping Fit

Liney

Reaction score
Hi ladies
Just over 4 years ago I had a hip replacment. Prior to the op I was basically unable to walk so exercise other than swimming was not an option and so the weight piled on. Then 18 months ago I decided that I had no excuse not to move my fat bum and it was time to get into shape. I lost over 4 stone and got down to a size 12/14 dress size (I was a size 22).
I did this through sheer hard work and determination. I watched what I ate, re-educated myself about what to eat and the quantity to eat and also exercised every day on my exercise bike as well as walking.

Now that I am pregnant I have given up the cycling. I just don't have the energy to do it. I am eating healthily, going to Pregnancy Yoga every week and swimming at least once a week and trying to walk as much as possible. I am slightly concerned (and I do mean slightly, it is not an obssession of mine) about becoming unfit and undoing so much of my hard work. I just wondered what you were all doing to keep fit during your pregnancy and has anyone by any chance also had a THR?

Thanks lovelies
x

Well done on all of your hard work after your THR!! You soubd like a very determined lady.

I'm walking to the train station 3 times a week (3 miles) and still "jogging" 2 times a week. I'll go swimming once our local pool re-opens. I also have a very active job as a hospital phsyiotherapist so on my feet treating patients all day.

Prior to pregnancy I was running 5k 3 or more times per week and was a healthy size 12. I don't think that fitness levels are going to be my problem, more like my inability to stop eating since I fell pregnant - I dare not get onto the scales! Where has my self control gone!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"