Keeping Quiet

amyw044

Reaction score
Im really struggling to keep quiet! I no i should wait till my scan and i dont want to jynx myself but I just want to tell everyone!!!

I know how you feel - I'm findnig it SOOOO tough!

We feel the same. Last time we were so reserved but with number two we want to tell everyone! I did confess to a close friend but we'll try and hold off. Seven weeks!!!! LOL

Just wanted to say you won't "jinx" yourself by telling people. :)

amyw044~ DITTO!! I want to wait @ least until my first doctor appointment before I tell anyone- and that's not until Wednesday.. I am ITCHING to tell everyone! I've told some friends but it hasn't been announced publicly!

I'm counting down, 11 more days until I get my next scan. which will be 11 weeks 2 days/5 days there leaving me unsure about 3 days :/ anyway if that scans good I'm done not telling people. I only have one more hurdle to get past. going out with the girls for one of my friends birthdays. this friend being one of the ones it's going to be harder to tell so for her I don't want it to slip out on her birthday :/ not being know for saying no to a drink this is going to be a hard one. but so looking forward to when I can just let it out to everyone everywhere :)

Its so tough! I meant to be out this weekend with friends to 'wet her babys head' and its hard thinking of a reason why i wouldnt be drinking! Ive told my very close friends and family but thats still not enough! Ive got midwife in 2 weeks then scan 2 weeks later and i very much doubt I can wait that long! x

antibiotics seems to be a good one that people use. Myself not being so good at porky pies am just going to say " i'm being good" and hope no one thinks anymore of it.

We told quite a few people right after we found out! I even told my two closest friends BEFORE i found out, cuz i was pretty sure I was! LOL We waited until after our first appt/scan to tell EVERYONE (put it on facebook LOL). I did it like 10 minutes after walking in the door after my appointment tho! If you want to tell...then tell! Even if (god forbid) something does go wrong (which it WONT...knock on wood) then you will have people to support you. Its always harder to start out with well...i WAS pregnant..but...
I dont believe in jinxing, i believe that whats going to happen, will happen..no matter what you do :)

I'm counting down, 11 more days until I get my next scan. which will be 11 weeks 2 days/5 days there leaving me unsure about 3 days :/ anyway if that scans good I'm done not telling people. I only have one more hurdle to get past. going out with the girls for one of my friends birthdays. this friend being one of the ones it's going to be harder to tell so for her I don't want it to slip out on her birthday :/ not being know for saying no to a drink this is going to be a hard one. but so looking forward to when I can just let it out to everyone everywhere :)

If people ask or give you wierd looks at the birthday event tell them you are on antibiotics and so you can't drink....it's perfect because people can be on antibiotics for just about anything from the Flu to a UTI. And you are definitely not supposed to drink while on antibiotics so takes the heat off. I am going to be telling people the same thing because I am the same...huge red flag if I am saying no to a drink. I really enjoy a glass of wine :)

I'm finding it very hard not to tell people!

Only hubby and my best friend know. I want to wait to tell our parents and close friends until after the first appointment, which hopefully will be within the next couple of weeks. The doctor still needs to confirm the pregnancy, but when I dropped off my sample, it was a "faint positive", so I have to do it again next week. The only thing is we don't see my parents very often, and we'll be down at their house next weekend. So I may spill the beans then. Plus, who knows how my morning sickness might be then.

We probably will tell everyone else around 12 weeks or so.

im not telling people yet either not till i feel ready to tell i just wear really baggy clothes

My hubby and I are waiting until I am at least 10/11 weeks along. It's hard because both of our families are chomping at the bit....we've been together 12 years and married almost 6 yrs. Both of us are the oldest in the family (1st grandchild) and both of our younger siblings don't have any prospects of getting married or starting a family anytime soon. So the pressure has been on for a while. On my hubby's side he is the last remaining male to carry on the family name in the extended family so everyone has been waiting to hear some baby news. We didn't tell anyone we were trying just because we had enough pressure as it was. I cannot wait to tell our families. I really want to tell them but I am afraid if something happens it will be such a let down....plus I think both of our parents are going to have a hard time not shouting it to the entire world which I defintely don't want. Such a tough internal struggle.....

i understand how u feel i was the first girl born into my dads side of the family for 87 yrs now they all seem to b girls so now we r after boys lol

With my first i told everyone soon as i found out at 7 weeks but this time im waiting until 12 weeks, for some reason i seem paranoid this time, possibly because someone close to me miscarried at 7 weeks recently and had a horrible time its really in my mind, cant wait to start telling people though

I've told my close immediate family, my best friend, my bosses and my neighbours !!. I'm getting my scan tomorrow so once we have the all clear then we can tell my OH mum and family and then the world !! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->