Keeping Sane - Birth Defects

doxie.chi

Reaction score
Currently TTC - have PCOS, Endometriosis. :nope:
Reading baby books and needless to say I am scared to death that something will be wrong with my baby.
What do you do to keep yourself sane about birth defects?

You just don't think about them. Well, I didn't! Or, you think that if your baby DOES have a birth defect, they will still be your baby. My baby has a birth defect and she is the most beautiful little girl I have ever met.

Don't try and jump hurdles you haven't come to yet. You probably never will. :hugs:

It is totally out of your control and as Tegans Mama said, you will love your baby like crazy. Imperfections and all!

And, Tegan's Mama- Your daughter is beautiful! So cute!

I struggled with having those horrible thought a lot with my last pregnancy. I even had a dream that my baby had cystic fibrosis.

I'm an OB nurse, so it's thrown in my face on a regular basis. It's not like I can turn a blind eye. I just kept telling my husband to reassure me that the baby was ok. It helped.

Worring is just part of parenting. First you get pregnant and then you're worried you'll loose the baby. Then the baby grows and you're worried it will have a birth defect. Then the baby is born and you worry about SIDS. Then they get older and you worry that they'll get kidnapped or molested, or any of those other crazy things that only moms worry about. It's a normal part of parenting.

I think its normal and everyone does to some point. I have a child with Down Syndrome. I would not trade him for anything! His brother and he are my pride and joy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->