Keeping sane whilst WTT

littlefishygg

Mum of 1 boy, TTC #2
Reaction score
Officially me and my OH are WTT due to university commitments with him graduating from his undergrad degree (he is 25) this July and I will graduate from my masters in September (I'm about to turn 22). So we are waiting until end of January to start TTC meaning I would be due early november at the very earliest giving us plenty of time to finish university. (He already has a full time job lined up where he currently works part time and I have a full time job currently).

But over the last year or two I have gained nearly 18lbs putting my BMI at 25.9 which is obviously not hugely overweight but in the overweight category none the less so I have decided that the best way to distract myself from WTT and TTC when we do start is to concentrate on losing some of this weight to get myself back in the healthy category. I am aiming to get back to my old comfy weight of 9st (I am 5'3") which will put me at a perfectly healthy BMI of 22.

What are you doing to distract you and keep you sane whilst you WTT?

I have a 2 year old, so she keeps me pretty distracted (and often questioning whether I really do want another...lol).

We also just purchased a new home in August, so I am spending a lot of time still getting it in order and decorating to my tastes.

Plus I work 40 hours a week (and help with DH's company on the side).

I've been starting to think of baby names, nursery ideas, collecting some baby clothes as well, just because I enjoy it. hehe

Oh god nursery ideas and clothes are my downfall right now. I am constantly on pinterest making boards full of nursery ideas! I'm obsessed. And my friend has two little ones, a girl and a boy and she dresses them with the best style (the kiddies are seriously better dressed than most adults I know) so I am always sending her texts about which outfits I expect to be handed down to us eventually lol

Ohhh your so nearly at TTC, how exciting! :)

For me, I have to children-these keep me busy and distracted from wtt.

I'm planning on enjoying a few occasions lined up before we TTC. I can have the odd glass of wine at these, whih I intend to do.

But I have days where im going mad waiting! :)

I'm so glad I found this site, I don't feel crazy now for having everything baby consume my every thought as it seems Its pretty normal.
Well in the past 6 mths we've bought a house, got married and I've started my post grad! So in a way, I'm super busy but it doesn't seem enough to keep my fingers from typing buggy or maternity clothes into google :)

Nosurprise, I'm the same! I am doing a postgrad at the moment and googling baby stuff or coming on here is pretty much my favourite form of procrastination. Saying that I really should go back to the work document I have just minimised to come on here lol!

I decided to train for a half-marathon to distract myself. :haha: Last weekend I ran 9 miles! Still a few more to get to 13.1 miles though ;) And we are throwing around baby names. And starting to shop around to buy a house. And making lots of travel plans. So there is plenty to keep us distracted!

Ohhh your so nearly at TTC, how exciting! :)

For me, I have to children-these keep me busy and distracted from wtt.

I'm planning on enjoying a few occasions lined up before we TTC. I can have the odd glass of wine at these, whih I intend to do.

But I have days where im going mad waiting! :)

It's so soon now :) I'm so excited! We might even move it forward a couple of weeks because my OH has surprised me with a trip to Paris in mid january and we were planning to start at the end but we are thinking seeing as we don't plan to chart or anything to start with it would be nice to try and time my ovulation (if my cycle cooperates) for when we are away just in case we get lucky first cycle round we think it would be super romantic to have conceived in Paris!

Yes, a Paris baby would be awesome!

Grad school, work, housework and spending time with hubby and puppy have kept me busy! I actually had to take a break from here so I could focus on school and not babies... But now I'm in a lull period from school... So here I am!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->