Keeping them occupied!

Beltane

Mother of 3 Boys!
Reaction score
I cannot figure out to keep my baby occupied. He will only play in his crib for a minute or two before demanding me to play with him more. He hates the swing unless he is sleepy. The playmat bores him because he has no clue how to use his hands and arms yet. The bumbo just pisses him off. I'm finding that he just wants to be held all the time and I can't even take a shower. Letting him cry it out just seems cruel since he is only 3 months. Anyone else dealing with this? I'm not sure what to do with him anymore!

Well a sling wont help you in the shower but maybe it will buy you sometime to do stuff! Sorry it's not exactly 'entertaining'.....:dohh:

as they get older they get more independent, but definitely try a sling or baby carrier!

Hi, I think at 3 months he probably doesnt want entertaining, just the comfort of being held. A sling or carrier is probably a good idea.
It wont hurt him to put him in his crib while you have a quick shower. He is too young to let him cry as a behavioural method, but for a few minutes while you get ready is ok.
Unfortunately you will just have to go with it, he will be able to do more as he gets older and be less clingy. I remember having to sit crossed legged with Emms in my legs while I put my make-up on as she wouldnt let me put her down for long at that age!:hugs:

maybe an exersaucer? Not sure if you have those there but it was the only thing that occupied Hannah for more than 2-3 minutes at that age. He is still young and will grow out of some of that :hugs:

Even if he doesnt play on the playmat, if he will lay there for a bit while you shower then go for it...

TBH Jasmine doesnt like to play alone even now and she is 6 months... I can put her in her exersaucer or jolly jumper for a tiny bit to do some work, but she mostly just likes to be on the floor playing with me. Yes.... all day, except naps... LOL

Music and lights worked well with Kathryn. I'd put the music and lights on in the swing and put Kathryn in it and have her in the bathroom while I was showering so she could still see me and I could talk to her. She'd just stare at the lights the whole time when she was really little. Otherwise I'd just wait untill she was napping or until DH got home to watch her.

Even if he doesnt play on the playmat, if he will lay there for a bit while you shower then go for it...

TBH Jasmine doesnt like to play alone even now and she is 6 months... I can put her in her exersaucer or jolly jumper for a tiny bit to do some work, but she mostly just likes to be on the floor playing with me. Yes.... all day, except naps... LOL

Ali is like this too and he is almost 9 months:blush: he has got a bit better since crawling and pulling himself up but like you i spend most of my day (when he isn't at nursery) on the ground trying to entertain him!!

Chase just turned 8 months and can only handle being in his jumperoo, on his playmat or in his bouncer for the most, 10 minutes. He's going through a stage of wanting me all the time. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->