kick counting...

Emma1980

Mummy to Finley
Reaction score
my lil man is usually pretty strong and constant, he wriggles all day long, can be quite painful sometimes! if anything over the last few weeks rather than get less movement, i've had more, lots more!

Anyway today, it was an hour an a half after i got up when he moved and i had to prod him to do that, thats unusual... since then ive prolly only had a couple more moves and i've had to force him into that too...

do they sill have lazy days this far on, or should i be worried? it really is unusual for him... Ive told myself that if im still not getting much tomorrow ill go up to the hospital, i'm not too worried cos he does move when i make him move...

Another thing, just in case this is why - do movements slow down if im in labour? i've been gettin quite a few period type pains today, more than a braxton hick, but not often enough to time, could that be why? x

am i worrying about nothing then? you're all reading and running! :grr:

Emma,

My midwife said the other day that quite often bubs will go a bit quiet a day or two before labour. Need to conserve energy for the big day after all.

She said that as long as you're getting 10 movements within 10 hours not to worry but as always to ring anyways if you are worried.

If my bets on Christmas cake orders are correct, you better be in labour so that the rest of us can follow!

yeah i do think his arrival is imminent... maybe thats it then...

hes not makin the ten movements on his own, but i can make him move - is that ok? lol

hi hun! urm i had a day the other day where he hadnt moved all day and by night i was in a total panic as i kept thinking all day 'yeh hes active at night so il wait til then' but come night time nothing ! i was sooo worried! so i called my mum as me nd oh couldnt really wake him and she did bird noises at my tummy haha i know random!! and he started wriggling! i dont know if it was her duing the noises or me chuckling hehe but he didnt stop all night after that! so im thinking its pretty normal some days for them to not move as much and espicially being 37 weeks the movements will slow down completly and ur bubs has probably engaged or something! as uve said he moves when u poke him so thats a good sign :) i find about an hour after ive had a bath is when he wakes up ? obv if ur still worried tomorow id ring the midwife but id probs just rest now and see how it goes! good luck <3 x

Well my LO has gone extremely quiet over the past couple of days. I'm getting just about 10 movements but they're not in the routine like she used to have so no idea what she's playing at :rofl:

I told MW and she didn't seem concerned, she said she'll only worry if i don't receive 10 movements in 24hrs.

Sounds like a good excuse to ring the midwife! Good for piece of mind and if she has you come in for a trace, you can see how the contractions are going. :thumbup:

yeah but its 10pm now an i dont want to sit on the labour ward listenin to women screamin for their lives LOL

I'll go to the antenatal unit tomorrow if hes still the same!

he definitely has not made his 10 movements today, but like i said, i could force him to to do it -if i place my hand firmly on my belly he gives it a little reassurance kick

I am only a few days behind you and I am getting the same thing, MW has said that with the lack of space and engaging that the movements will start to slow.

If you are worried at all then ring your MW, better to bug her and find out everything is fine than worry yourself silly! x

He seems to be back to normal today, wriggling away, must of just been a quiet day!

my baby seems to have settled past 2 days. Everyday before that he was giving huge kicks and movements but although i still get 10+ its not as strong and tends to be little wiggles and ripples. His routine has just slightly become quieter. it will be a while with nothing and then there will be one movement and then a little later he'll have a few quiet close together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->