Kick Start my ovulation??

Peyia

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have spent most of my twenty's trying not to get pregnant as I wanted to be with the right person before starting a family. I am now 27 and ready to start my family. I had the depo injection for 6 years, implamon for 2.5 years and nexplanon implant for 18 months. I had the implant removed mid may this year and since then have had one period which I am assuming was a fake withdrawal bleed on the 24th May. Since then I have not had any period or ovulation (I have taken both a pregnancy and ovulation test) I really want to start trying properly for a baby but unless my body starts to have a cycle I'm worried something may be wrong. Is there anything I can do to kick start my periods again and start ovulation? Thank you!!!

Yes, actually I'm doing this now. I haven't had a normal cycle since January 5th.... that's a long time when TTC haha. But I called up my OBGYN's nurse phone line, super easy and quick, and said can you give me anything to start my period. She called back the next day and sent in a prescription to my pharmacist for Provera. It won't necessarily make me ovulate but it will make my period start.

I'm also taking clomid, which, hopefully, will make me ovulate. Something you will as well need to get from your doctor. My OBGYN was iffy about me not being a healthy weight, she said it doesn't always work when you are overweight but she said if I respond to the Provera first, as in have a period, then I am more likely to respond to the clomid.

Maybe your OBGYN could help you get those two meds?

Non-doctor prescribed ideas of I've heard of?
-Relax a lot, warm baths, etc.
-Lots of sex/orgasms.
-Soy iso
-Change your eating and exercise habits, losing as much as 5% of your weight, even if you're normal weight, can jump start poor fertility. However this does not apply if you are underweight.

GOOD LUCK!

Totally agree with the PP. Doctors can totally control your cycle, they have lots of options.

I've been diagnosed with PCOS and have wonky cycles (too long, annovulatory most of the time) and have recently started taking Vitex. TBD if it has helped me ovulate, but it is the first cycle I've had in a long time with no breakthrough bleeding and a true positive OPK.

I got mine on Amazon.com but they sell Vitex @ all health food stores and some supermarkets. Might be worth a try!

I had an issue last month [coming off bcp] with a shortened luteal phase [only 8 days b/w O and AF]. This month I am taking vitamin C 50 mg, as well as red raspberry leaves [to help promote regular menstrual cycle], and vitex [also helps w/ regulation etc].

I've enclosed the links to the two products I mentioned above so you can read the full description/reviews on amazon. I'm hopeful as a lot of the reviews are from women with menstruation issues.

Vitex
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E101L2/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Red raspberry leaves
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AR8PXW/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you all so much for your replies!! I have made an appointment for the GP to see if they can give me the recommended prescriptions and the Vitex looks a great place to start as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->