Kicking question...

firsttimetry

Reaction score
This may alter from person to person but at the moment I can only feel LO like a big bubble of gas (sorry baby for referring to you as this). Any ideas on how long it is now before actual kicks happen? I still kid myself that there's nothing there!!!

Im feeling little thumps now but I didn't really start feeling some good kicks when I was pregnant with my son til about 22 weeks. Everyone differs though, could be sooner for you :)

Every pregnancy is different, I felt this little sprout earlier than DD, but I swear I was feeling full on kicks with DD by 15 weeks, and this time I'm not... Hoping to feel it soon, but I get really discouraged sometimes. I just love that baby moving feeling besides how much it helps me know everything is ok in there!

I started getting the bubble feeling early on.. I think it was 2 or so weeks after that when I could feel proper kicks and maybe a week after that I could feel the kicks on the outside at times. Sometimes I can feel her moving around and changing positions. (Not entirely a nice sensation btw...)

She tends to kick hard when OH is feeling my bump. I don't think she likes Daddy, she made him jump she kicked so hard last night! :p

I first felt LO at 15 weeks, which I would call flutters and has a feeling like gas. At 17 weeks and 4 days, very late at night I then felt 5 definate kicks one after the other in pretty much the same place, have felt another this morning very early, but very infrequent atm.

Most of the kicks have been kind of 2am in the morning or 7am in the morning for me, and flutters and other movement always felt late at night or early morning. I think my baby thinks night is daytime :dohh:

I have not felt any flutters yet (that i know of!).

I can be rather windy ATM so maybe i am just putting it down to that and missing the flutters. :)

Most of the kicks have been kind of 2am in the morning or 7am in the morning for me, and flutters and other movement always felt late at night or early morning. I think my baby thinks night is daytime :dohh:

Oh gosh and I've read that their sleeping habits in the womb reflect pretty well on their sleeping habits after birth. You should be in for some fun nights!

Keira seems really active in the morning.. around 7:30 am and then again around 5:00 pm and again around 9:30-10PM. Like clockwork.

Oh gosh and I've read that their sleeping habits in the womb reflect pretty well on their sleeping habits after birth. You should be in for some fun nights!

Keira seems really active in the morning.. around 7:30 am and then again around 5:00 pm and again around 9:30-10PM. Like clockwork.

if i am honest, I have heard that alot too. i will be really honest, both me and fiance were 18 months old before we slept through the night at all, and am really expecting this baby to be the same as us. I think its pay back from our parents for the first 2 years of our lives lol.

I do tend to be anight owl a times as I suffered a lot of insomnia with my back problems, so I think we may be able to come to some kind of arrangement where I grab a kip when baby does. I do have in laws on hand so I can get a bit of kip in the day if needed, may cause a few problems with breast feeding, but I had to be retired so at least I can fit in round baby :sleep:

if i am honest, I have heard that alot too. i will be really honest, both me and fiance were 18 months old before we slept through the night at all, and am really expecting this baby to be the same as us. I think its pay back from our parents for the first 2 years of our lives lol.

I do tend to be anight owl a times as I suffered a lot of insomnia with my back problems, so I think we may be able to come to some kind of arrangement where I grab a kip when baby does. I do have in laws on hand so I can get a bit of kip in the day if needed, may cause a few problems with breast feeding, but I had to be retired so at least I can fit in round baby :sleep:

All I ever did as a baby was sleep and eat. I rarely cried. My parents were in for a shock with my sister though who was just the opposite. I'm hoping this little one takes after me! Maybe yours will surprise you. :sleep:

Skadi, am preparing for the worst, that way I will not get the shock of my life.

Fiance was a dreadful baby, his mum had to introduce pureed solids at 6 weeks on advice from doc and health visitor as he was just not getting enough from Milk alone and screamed none stop, even straight after a feed.

I am prepared for a demon child, that way anything else will be lovely x

Skadi, am preparing for the worst, that way I will not get the shock of my life.

Fiance was a dreadful baby, his mum had to introduce pureed solids at 6 weeks on advice from doc and health visitor as he was just not getting enough from Milk alone and screamed none stop, even straight after a feed.

I am prepared for a demon child, that way anything else will be lovely x

lol That might just be best then! I'm just praying for the best... I love sleep!

I have thought I was feeling her since week 18, but her kicks are more noticeable now; however it is still infrequent. But love and look forward to feeling her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->