kicks or hiccups?

ellie

Mum to Kalden
Reaction score
:blush: how do you tell?
the movements i can feel tend to be either wriggling about, or the odd little 'jump' which can happen anywhere in my belly? i can feel it outside as well ... not sure whether it's a kick (doesnt feel very 'sharp', but not sure what it's supposed to feel like!) or hiccups (can feel a bit too 'localised', although sometimes my whole belly feels like it's jumping!)
is it still a bit early to be trying to make distinctions? does it become more obvious later on?
Hmm, what are you up to in in there...?

for me, her hiccups tend to be very rhythmical, and not very powerful, but all feel the same (if that makes any sense)

where as kicks, dont stay in the same place, can vary in power, and dont follow a distinct pattern of timing.

i hope that makes sense, its diffilcult to describe lol. once you've identified the difference its easy, takes time though and is easier as bub gets bigger x

The way i could tell (because in all honesty at the start hiccups really did feel really localised which made me question if they were) is that they were rhythmic and went on like that for quite a while (2, 3, 4 sometimes 5 minutes) I thought it was kicks to start with but then i thought my baby couldn't possibly have such good rhythm already, especially if he/she takes after her dad!! :rofl: :rofl:

As Siyren said, kicks are a lot more random. x x

When Autumn was smaller it felt like a twitchy eyelid in my belly.

Now she's bigger, my whole belly jerks every time she hiccups! As others have said, it's very rhythmic and quite unmistakable. She gets them like 5 times a flipping day lol.

i think my baby is having hic cups when i can feel this constant 'tapping' down where his head is, it isnt painful or so, and not as strong as kicks, however when you are lying bed and it happens it makes me squirm a little lol dont ask me why i just try rubbing my belly until he stops xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->