Kiddicare Rant...

aly888

Lana-Boo's mummy & WTT #2
Reaction score
Sorry if this is totally irrelevant and in the wrong section but i am more than a little bit miffed with Kiddicare atm!!

Went up on saturday with the MIL-to be and the OH to buy the cot and travel system and a few little things...because we had gone up in the MILs car (mondeo estate) we decided to take everything away with us on the day, which included our Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe TSB travel system (i think that is what it is called). Well, anwway, it wasnt until we got home and wanted to 'play' with our new toys that I realised that they had given us the wrong travel system and had actually given us the Quattro Tour SPORT Travel system (which is the next model up, i think). No biggy, baby doesnt need it yet...so, i ring kiddicare today to tell them they had given us the wrong one and now it's OUR fault and we have to make the extra journey back to them to get it swapped over. That wouldnt be much of a problem if the darn box woulf fit into my or my OH's car, but it doesnt, and the MIL wont be available to take it back for weeks.

I dont get why WE should have to go out of our way when it was their fault for giving us the wrong one?! I'm in two minds as to what to do...just go back and make the swap, or keep/sell this one that is supposed to be better than the one we chose anyway?!

but still, grrr to kiddicare. I was under the impression they had a really good reputation but of the three times iv been up there every trip has left me with a sour taste in my mouth!!! :growlmad:

Hmmmm id sell it, and make myself some extra pennies heehee

Ive heard so many stories about this place and one other place that have bad customer service. you absoloutely should make them fix this problem it was their sales person who got it wrong! If they keep saying to go to them just say you want some money off it. a gift voucher for the hassle. im sure if you speak to the manager they will not want bad reports going of the store.

selling it - you might loose money, and would prob have to send it and posting costs lots too. prob would loose money.

I have looked into selling it...and although it is the 'next model up', if i sold on ebay (which is where i would sell it) i can only get about an extra £20 or so, so like you say, really not worth it!!!

This has really annoyed me! in the car on the way home i was feeling so much more relaxed knowing that the 'big' things were sorted (spare room clear, cot brought, travel system brought) but this has just added to so many things already going around in my head!!
I might have to get my sis-in-law to ring...she is quite good at getting what she wants! haha

purpledahlia, do you know if they give out gift vouchers as compensation?

id totally just keep the better model and be chuffed it happened lol!!!

xxx

Its a sport version though i dont think she wanted it, sport versions can be very different.

I dont know for sure, but im sure if you demand to speak to the manager and complain about it and cause a scene they will give you the one you wanted in exchange and give you some vouchers for the hassle they caused. That would be normal customer service in any shop so i would imagine so!! You gotta be very upfront and straight with them, they will try to give you the run around but it was their fault so.. make sure they know -you know !!

if you def dont want it as above be firm and say that you do not have a car to bring it back in so it will have to be collected either that or they pay for transport to return it!! Threaten to take it further too no shops managers like that lol!

xx

Basically tell them you cannot due to pregnancy complications (hehe) bring the travel system back to them. You had to get a relative out specially to make the trip to pick it up and you CANNOT make it back. Therefore they may arrange to fetch it and send you the correct one or they can give you a full refund plus compensation for the postage to return it to them.
Also get a letter off to them tomorrow morning. Sometiems these sorts respond better to a written complaint than a telephone one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->