• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Kimberley: Young Mum 10 Years On

S

Serene123

Anyone going to be watching this on Thursday? I fear it might piss me off! :dohh:

I'm gonna watch it just because I don't fully get what its about!

I saw the advert and thought, "if its 10 years on, why isn't that kid ten years old?!"

it looks pretty interesting though.. We'll see!

Googled it..

Ten years ago, 15 year-old Kimberley was determined not to get pregnant young like her mum and sister.

Ten years ago director Daisy Asquith filmed 15-year-old Kimberley, a girl from a tough background who was keen not to blight her life with an early pregnancy. But Kimberley became pregnant with a baby that was subsequently taken from her by social services. When Asquith and her camera return to Camberwell in south London, Kimberley has another child, two-year-old Harvey, who is on the local authority's "at risk" register. Officials intervened when Kimberley's relationship with Harvey's father became turbulent. It's heartbreaking to listen to this sweet little boy who, when asked about his dad, says, "Daddy smash my door". Asquith, who is Harvey's godmother, follows Kimberley's attempts to become a "good mother" and to have Harvey removed from the register. She tries hard, and things look like they might all start to work out when Kimberley meets a new boyfriend. But nothing about this young woman and her life is straightforward.

In 1999 Kimberley was a teenager with big dreams, in love for the first time and keen to avoid getting pregnant young like her mum and sister had done. Almost 10 years later and Kimberley is now a 24-year-old mum-of-two, and Daisy has reintroduced the camera into her life.
Kimberley lives on a South London council estate in a one-bedroom flat on a budget of £110 a week. She has already had one child removed from her by social services, and now she's in danger of losing another. Her two-year-old son, Harvey, has been on the child protection register since he was a baby. But Kimberley is now determined to turn her life around.
This tough yet tender portrait of a young mum on benefits asks just what makes a good enough mother, and explores how we pass our behaviour down through the generations. Interviews with Kimberley today are inter-cut with archive footage of her as a teenager, producing a powerful dialogue between Kimberley now and her 15-year-old self.
Can Kim prove to social services that she's a 'good enough' mum, and keep hold of Harvey? And with new boyfriend Anthony at her side, will Kim be able to finally break with her own past, and build a happy family life for the future?

don't think we have it on here, but might be interesting...

I think I will, but I have a feeling your right Toria it will piss us off. Another dig at teen mothers, looks she had hers young, and has one in care and the other on the child protection register, see no teen mum can cope etc etc (not my opinion at all as I was one). I know it is sensationalism at its best, using the sterotype to gain ratings, but if one programme concentrated on the good side of teen mothers, I bet the ratings would be good too, just cos it will never of been done before.

Sorry getting down off my soapbox:rofl:

Ooohh sounds quite interesting i might have to watch it.

She isn't even a teen mum. I'm pretty sure she was atleast 20 when her son was born?! Can't be sure though x

Pretty sure it's just going to be a "if your mum was a young mum you're going to have kids young and they'll be taken off you" kind of thing..

:dohh: Ahh right.

I thought she had her first who was taken away from her as a teen.

Ill be watching but will proberly get pissed off and turn over

Pretty sure it's just going to be a "if your mum was a young mum you're going to have kids young and they'll be taken off you" kind of thing..

Yep typical! I wish they would show a program with some real decent young mums like us!! Im sick of all these idiots giving us a bad name!

Yep typical! I wish they would show a program with some real decent young mums like us!! Im sick of all these idiots giving us a bad name!

I was actually going to apply for one.. But I don't want them to twist things..

Which one? Iv never seen one showing decent mature young mums like us lol I think they think we wont make good tv!

I can't remember, it was a living one.. Was quite a while ago. Wouldn't have the guts now :rofl:

i'm pretty sure that if i watch it, it'll piss me off.. so knowing me i'll probably end up watching it...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"