Kimberley: Young Mum 10 Years On

i wont watch it because it will pi$$ me off :)
and what i would love to know is why can woman like that have one child taken into care yet go on to have more children ?? it really baffles me!! it is obvious the 2nd child is not being looked after or why would he also be on the at-risk-register ??

I have seen people that have one kid go into care, and not the second or third-people change, and the reason they are put on strict watch by social services, is so that *in case* they mess up (even a little I might add) they will take the other kid into care as well. I know it is risky to take risks with children involved, but people do change, and usually until they show that they are a risk to the child, the child will remain with the parent. I think that in most cases, is it fair to give the mother a second chance (depending on her situation)

and to add to my last reply, also, my sister and I spent our life in care, yet our younger brother got to stay with our mother-however, she was on strict watch by CPS-if he didn't show up to school for any reason, they would be at her doorstep asking why- for a bit when I was 6, my sister and I got to go back with our mother for a bit (summer vacation maybe, I am not positive) anyway, my sister and I decided to walk to the beach, after mom had said no, and before we even were done in the change rooms, our mom was there to get us, because our social worker had called because she had seen us walking down the street-that is how close an eye they had on us! Waiting for one mess up, to take kids back into the system..

and what i would love to know is why can woman like that have one child taken into care yet go on to have more children ?? it really baffles me!! it is obvious the 2nd child is not being looked after or why would he also be on the at-risk-register ??

I have seen people that have one kid go into care, and not the second or third-people change, and the reason they are put on strict watch by social services, is so that *in case* they mess up (even a little I might add) they will take the other kid into care as well. I know it is risky to take risks with children involved, but people do change, and usually until they show that they are a risk to the child, the child will remain with the parent. I think that in most cases, is it fair to give the mother a second chance (depending on her situation)

hya
im not picking at your post here by the way im just replying to it :)
ok so may be not all cases are fcuked off by the social services but on one example that i have shown if you read further back the woman im on about has been given chance after chance yet she still takes drugs and still has been able to keep her 18 month old daughter and is pregnant again the 18 month old was born addicted to drugs and now has health problems and this baby due next month will be born addicted to drugs too :(
i was just stating that this is wrong on so many levels why on earth would you do this to your child ? she doesnt want help for the drugs as she has been a heroin addict for 15 years and still continues to spend £80 a day on the stuff and doesnt even bother to try and get help she never has bothered! im actually still suprised she can even get pregnant with all the damage she has done to her body
and what makes me angry is why the hell are social services allowing it to happen because she gets complaints made against her all of the time! x x

Remember girls, you live in different countries and social services will work differently x

hya
im not picking at your post here by the way im just replying to it :)
ok so may be not all cases are fcuked off by the social services but on one example that i have shown if you read further back the woman im on about has been given chance after chance yet she still takes drugs and still has been able to keep her 18 month old daughter and is pregnant again the 18 month old was born addicted to drugs and now has health problems and this baby due next month will be born addicted to drugs too :(
i was just stating that this is wrong on so many levels why on earth would you do this to your child ? she doesnt want help for the drugs as she has been a heroin addict for 15 years and still continues to spend £80 a day on the stuff and doesnt even bother to try and get help she never has bothered! im actually still suprised she can even get pregnant with all the damage she has done to her body
and what makes me angry is why the hell are social services allowing it to happen because she gets complaints made against her all of the time! x x

Oops missed that :blush:

I do know what you mean though, there are people around here that have their kids and shouldn't, like moms that do drugs and stuff, while we may be in different areas, I doubt that much is different in regards to the crack moms (and fathers) who still have custody of their kids-yes I see that all the time..but yes, in some cases where child # 1 has been taken by Child Protective Services, the mom may be able to deal with child #2, because perhaps she has changed-not all cases, and maybe not even most cases...

I know, my mother started hard drugs shortly after I was born, and I lived with her for a year :shock: then finally CPS came and took my sister and I-thinking of it now, I can't imagine how she took care of us, being under the influence all the time-there must not have been much baby bonding time is all I can think...anyway, sometime CPS is slow, and other times they are jumping down mothers throats for little reasons...

Oh, and I don't get offended that other people have things to say about my posts lol, we are afterall, on a forum, with people who have a variety of opinions, and I can deal, even accept that :) So don't worry about that!xx

Why is there always so much teen-mum bashing? It seems that so many ignorant buggers are so prejudice about teen mothers and you know what? - it makes no sense at all IMO!

not every one bashes teens :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->