Kina

Vic

Reaction score
are you busy making bath bombs again? :lol: I remember when you were doing that ages ago. I want one! :lol:

Yup, started up again for Christmas :lol: Actually sold a few baskets, yay :D This year I am making some and buying some in.

You should buy in some stuff to make some for pressies, I get my ingredients from www.soapkitchenonline.co.uk .

Oh Kina I did that last year, and I made soaps, Xmas cakes, james, chutneys, chocolates and sweet and stuff and made Xmas Hampers for all our families as pressents. Was really good fun.

Do you add flower petals and stuff to them too?

I can't be bothered :lol: i'm too busy doing my poetry stuff!

you should sell them kina. start up your own 'lush' type business. there you go cat can be your business partner together with your excema cream and bath bombs! :D

i just read that you have already sold some - i'm so dense sometimes :lol:

Oh cool - Any pics of any baskets you have done in the past Kina?

yeh i wanna see some too :) i liked it last year when you had people picking smells!

ooo get u lot so clever.
I wouldnt know where to start. Sounds lovely though

mmm this is my fav bubble bath
https://www.myvirginvieathome.co.uk/virgin/templates/template1/images/lg/10054-00.jpg

has anyone had a sniff of the new one?
https://www.myvirginvieathome.co.uk/virgin/templates/template1/images/lg/12350-00.jpg

looks nice!!

x

Not smelled that Vic, I don't get chance to buy myself much smellies. Normally add a squeeze of Ella's Johnsons stuff she can't use or use one of my own :lol:

Cat I do add dried flowers to my bombs. I recently made some really cute little rose scented hearts with rose buds and little bath melts which are pure cocoa butter with vanilla scent. The soap is handmade that I bought in. https://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i197/kinawhitton/CIMG2912.jpg .

At the moment I am selling handmade stuff that I've bought from other companies and a few bits of my own. When Matt has finished his exam next week he can help me out a bit as last year it went a bit manic, I was close to dropping Ella and stood in the kitchen for hours every day making/packaging things! So I'll make and he can pack :lol: We'll have a little conveyor belt going on in the kitchen!!

I seen one of those soaps on my OHs friends sink - It had what looked like choc sprinkles on the top :?

Kina you make those?

Love the look of your bath bombs - No basket pics? :twisted: And where do you sell hun?

Fleabay of course!! :lol:

The sprinkles are rose petals, I have lavender ones aswell.

This is one of the bigger baskets I do, I sell them for a tenner on Ebay. It's full of rose scented things. I also have a lavender version but I need to take some good pics. After next week I can start doing it all seriously again, I've had customers from last year contact me about some gift bags I used to do, but I need to spend a good week getting all set up properly again.

https://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i197/kinawhitton/CIMG2928.jpg

I make the bombs and melts in the first pic I showed you, the soap I buy in. For this basket that I am selling I buy the items in, but they're still handmade.

I love it!!!!

Your not back in business again then?

ooooh, i soooooooo want a bath, i hate having just shower, i miss my bubble baths soooo much.... :cry:

Kina there gorgeous well done you.x

Wobbles said:
I love it!!!!

Your not back in business again then?

I am small scale at the moment, just to get my name out there again in the run up to Xmas. But then I think at the beginning of December I will have a listing frenzy :lol: I need some good pics, the ones that I have at the moment are crappy. The thing is I also need good light for them aswell and it's so dark at the moment!
Last year one of my most popular items was a little gift bag with a slice of chocolate cake soap (handmade but bought in), 5 little heart shaped bath bombs and 5 little heart shaped bath melts. So I need to make up a load of the bombs/melts again. I stored all my trays that I make them in away for months and they had something heavy on them and I've only been able to rescue a couple. Therefore I can only do batches of 24 so it's going to take a little while to get set up. After last year and manically making them when I got an order in, I want to list what I have made already so it's not so stressful.

Cool!!!

Kina if you get going hun you are so welcome to get a sticky if it helps!

Bags - How much? Sounds really nice!

Aww thanks Wobbles! The bags I sold for £3.95 last year plus shipping, will most likely put them on at the same price again. Once I'm all set up properly it would be great to have a link on here, thank you. Obviously would have to sort some sort of discount out for B&B members ;)

I did originally set up and start selling at a local market, then craft market but I just wasn't getting the trade! I listed a few bits on Ebay and they sold really well. In fact I came home after going to one craft fair and had sold more on Ebay than I did there, but they were pretty badly run! I remember my first market I only sold about £20 worth of stuff, people were handling it and liked it, but just weren't buying it. My sister was going to do a stall for me this weekend but I've asked her not to now so I can concentrate on getting set up on fleabay again. The downside to Ebay is the listing fees, selling fees and paypal fees. There is only a small margin to make on bath products and it does get swallowed up a bit with all the fees (paypal is a right bitch!) but it earns some extra cash before Xmas which is great :) Postage has also gone up I've noticed since last year, which is why I do a maximum £5 postage charge. DH can send the stuff via citilink if postage is going to be over a fiver then the money gets deducted from his wages each month. At least I know then that larger orders are definately getting there!

Not thought of doing a website Kina?

You have other occassions in the year :D

Good luck with eBay - They are justa rip off now :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back