KIND OF an embarrassing question.. way TMI (seems to be a pattern with me today)...

Amsan

Reaction score
So I'm actually REALLY embarrassed to ask this question, but I'm even more embarrassed to ask my OB about it... :blush: Soooo here it goes...

Is rough sex safe during pregnancy? I'm at 21 weeks... I don't mean like, whips, chains, gags, etc... Just, harder...

:dohh:

You may also bleed afterwards due to an irritated cervix, so don't totally freak out if you do.

Thank you... Another sort of embarrassing question. Is doggy style ok since normally it allows them to go deeper?

Doggy style is ok..again as long as you don't feel uncomfortable, start cramping or anything like that...I actually used to hate this position pre-pregnancy lol but since being pregnant we've enjoyed it very much lool..x

Doggy style is ok..again as long as you don't feel uncomfortable, start cramping or anything like that...I actually used to hate this position pre-pregnancy lol but since being pregnant we've enjoyed it very much lool..x

Everything else is so uncomfortable! But I was too scared to try this lol

The rule of thumb I go by is exactly what PP said, if it starts to hurt then stop. :) some days some positions feel better than others and what is most comfortable seems to change all the time for me! :haha:

As long as it doesn't hurt you are okay. :) Take it one step at a time and see how you feel. Don't panic if you start spotting a little bit also, it happens and it's just an irritated cervix :)

Right? I cant handle anything on top of my bump.and i feel to big to be on top now.its like the only thing thats comfortable lately.Neeeeed to find something new.>.<

Right? I cant handle anything on top of my bump.and i feel to big to be on top now.its like the only thing thats comfortable lately.Neeeeed to find something new.>.<

Exactly! I felt like I was dying on bottom and squishing him on top. Totally not feeling sexy anymore..

Lol... I have no energy to be on top. I don't think huffing and puffing after 3 minutes is sexy... And yet I feel like I am suffocating on the bottom. Side by side or spooning works, but it goes a little slow... Doggy style is great when I want him to finish up already. ;)

I spot every time I have sex. Just a little. I think it's just one of those annoyances that can be alarming but I have to assure myself it's just from the boo-tay.

Last pregnancy OH and I were a bit rougher than normal and I had some bleeding through the night after. Not a lot but enough for me to panic haha. But when I rang up she said it was caused by the sex and not to worry as LO was kicking normally and I had no pain. So don't panic too much if there's a bit of blood after :L

Like the other ladies said, your body will tell you if it's too much. Doing it doggy style is almost always our go to these days lol. I feel like a cow on top! Another position that you could try is lying on your sides spooning, however when we tried it last I felt like he was jamming it into my stomach and it hurt really bad. I had to make him stop. Other pregnancies we were able to do it this way so I'm not sure what's different. Trial and error :) If it hurts, stop. If not, well...you know ;)

Like the other ladies said, your body will tell you if it's too much. Doing it doggy style is almost always our go to these days lol. I feel like a cow on top! Another position that you could try is lying on your sides spooning, however when we tried it last I felt like he was jamming it into my stomach and it hurt really bad. I had to make him stop. Other pregnancies we were able to do it this way so I'm not sure what's different. Trial and error :) If it hurts, stop. If not, well...you know ;)

Thanks! I just get so frustrated because I feel gross, I don't feel sexy, nothing feels good, but it had also been forever and I think my drive has always been higher than his anyway, so being pregnant has made it worse lol

i find doggy uncomfortable now since being pregnant i actually feel more comfortable on my back with my husband on top. doggy makes my belly hurt :/

I have always had a high sex drive as well. Though this time around i seem to have lost it a lot.. you have to get creative when you're pregnant is all. I'm grateful that my pregnant belly doesn't seem to deter or bother dh. I have a friend whose dh WON'T have sex with her because he has felt the baby kick, and seen her belly move. He feels like he is poking her in the head. We may be pregnant, but we still have needs!

I have always had a high sex drive as well. Though this time around i seem to have lost it a lot.. you have to get creative when you're pregnant is all. I'm grateful that my pregnant belly doesn't seem to deter or bother dh. I have a friend whose dh WON'T have sex with her because he has felt the baby kick, and seen her belly move. He feels like he is poking her in the head. We may be pregnant, but we still have needs!

Yep. He didn't want to have sex with me because he thought he was going to poke our son!

I think it is super funny when guys get all worried about that lol. And kinda cute. My friend is working on getting her labor going, she is passed her due date and partially dilated, and I told her to go back to how it started. She said "I tried! He won't do it! And he told me the best he could do is put "it" in a cup for me to do with as I please!" Hahahahaah.... best line ever. What is she going to do? Baste herself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->